It followed me home ( 87 SS Monte )

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
The strip down of the 86 no title parts car has started. I'm going to use the dash and harness from it because just a couple cracks in dash and the wiring is unmolested. Odometer shows 5000 miles so it's 105,000. Going to do a dash crack repair with 2 part epoxy, sand it level, then take it to work for a coat of real bed liner. We do about 4 spray in bed liners a week at my work on average. I'm doing this as a trial. The bedliner won't crack like the epoxy repairs probably will over time. It won't show through after the dash is encapsulated with the Gatorhyde. Not going to texture it because the textures too big. Going to do my aerosol bedliner trick, lightly sand, and SEM paint it burgundy. I did a how to in the interior section on the bedliner for texture repair a couple months ago. If this dash does not turn out good, I will buy a new one from OPG.

Reactions: 1 user

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I got the entire inside of the parts car gutted including the air ducting. I got the left fender and inner fender removed. Also got the header panel and headlight assemblies removed. Firewall is stripped other than the hvac box. The parts car had a rear defog and my 87 I'm building does not. I removed the rear defog harness complete so refitting to the 87 will be just like stock. I'm very pleased with the pieces I've chose between the 3 cars. Got some very nice parts. I tagged and bagged everything. Found the 86 parts car had new brake pads, ball joints, brake hoses, and a arm bushings done. I will put these parts on the 85 that I'll be selling. My wife wants me to sell the 85 and 86 parts car mainly to get them out of the yard. After the 87 is finished, I'll bolt the 85 together and get it running and driving. Hopefully I don't find a Hurst Olds project after I sell the 85 ;)

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Got a new member of the family last night. Found a kitten and listened to it screetching for about 3 hours before I went and grabbed it. Think someone dumped it at my work. Just got back from the vets office with a clean bill of health and a hundred bucks lighter in the wallet. Vet said it was about 6-7 weeks old. Never been a cat guy but this girl needs a home and I've got room. My 2 year old Shitzu wants to play with it. Getting it calmed down before I introduce them face to face. I'm such a softy :mrgreen:

Reactions: 1 users

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
pm me them body bolt numbers por favor,need them to go with some hockey pucks i bought for one of my done frames:) and when you ready for the olds project,(and need to mow the lawn)i have a rust free great cond 80 calais,factory console bucket seat,rally pack,with 43,000 og miles,and with excellent cond rust free accompanied 80 cutlass we can talk about;)

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
pm me them body bolt numbers por favor,need them to go with some hockey pucks i bought for one of my done frames:) and when you ready for the olds project,(and need to mow the lawn)i have a rust free great cond 80 calais,factory console bucket seat,rally pack,with 43,000 og miles,and with excellent cond rust free accompanied 80 cutlass we can talk about;)
Click on the pic and it blows the pic up.
Click on the pic and it blows the pic up.
i just figured that out! lol,thanks much appreciated;)

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA

i just figured that out! lol,thanks much appreciated;)
Funny thing is I had just figured that out when I clicked on it to see what it did :rofl:

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Got my carpet from Rob at Dixie yesterday. I did not ask what brand it was because $140 was very affordable. I was very happy to see it is ACC. I have restored a bunch of cars in the last 25+ years and ACC (Auto Custom Carpets) is my favorite. So if you guys need carpet, give Rob a call. No I'm not a paid spokesperson but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;) :rofl:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Worked on cleaning my instrument cluster connections, pins, etc. last night. Still got more to do. It is raining right now so I'm irritated. Been looking forward to the thrash. Hopefully it quits later.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor