It followed me home ( 87 SS Monte )

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Oh the memories lol! This is one i pulled from the trunk area of my cutlass. All 4 broke and the top halves had to be removed after cutting holes. The norm for most of our cars. View attachment 65664
You didn't get them gloves from your proctologist did ya? :rofl:

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
You didn't get them gloves from your proctologist did ya? :rofl:
Good one lol:D! Im not as old as most of you guys, and haven't even thought of that visit yet!

Honestly, my hands get messed up enough at work, so i try to protect them when possible. I can get greasy with the best of em, but i have a customer that gives me boxes for FREE, why not use them.

Reactions: 1 user

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I am interested in the hood

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I went with Summits line of urethane body bushing set. It was quite a bit cheaper than Energy Suspension. I have always used Energy but trying to save $ to use on other things for the car. After pricing a factory replacement body bolt set and having to pay shipping on them, I went with ARP 5 packs from Summit. These are for the body only as I have not measured my stock core support bolt lengths yet for length. I'll use anti seize so the next guy down the decades will be appreciative of me :D

20170507_095121_resized.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I'm marking my calendar for a 45 day build on this car. That's paint on body, paint on chassis, firewall, core support, engine, and cleaning up interior with new carpet. I won't be able to swing new door panels and seat covers in the 30 days because of everything I have to buy. I will not count days if it's raining or Sundays cause it's work on house with wife day. Not going to paint the rear end or rear 4 bar arms. Going to eventually buy aftermarket rear bars. Planning on buying a posi unit and having it installed by a professional. Then I'll paint it. Basically while chassis is removed, I want that painted. Just a clean up and paint. Going to clean and paint the firewall while everything is removed. I'll re gasket the engine and paint it. Also going to paint all the accessories and brackets. Got a polished stainless ARP engine bolt kit to give it more detail. I'm not going all out on perfect panel gaps but I'll get them as close as they can without cutting and welding. It's just going to be a driver but will take it to local outside shows

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Perhaps this is insensitive, but I have to ask....do you have a full time job? Because if you do, you are my hero! I find it tough to get much done with work, kids, and everything else that life brings. My hat is off to you, sir.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I got the heads off the engine. Engine is pretty fresh. Still cross hatches, no ridge, and clean as hell. Cylinder bore measures 4.033 at highest reading. Pistons are dish which bummed me out. There are no markings on the piston tops. Was hoping for flat tops. Came in to price some flat tops and then it hit me that I have a cammed flat top 350 short block on the stand that I built last summer. I'll use these fresh 882s on the flat top engine. Don't have to spend money right now on pistons, rings, and getting them pressed on the rods. Days starting out pretty good. Weather is awesome. I have a spare set of ARP head bolts but they're black oxide. Guess I'll assemble heads on engine and paint everything together. Would love to buy the matching ARP polished hex head head bolts and paint heads separately. But at $187 for the stainless head bolts, I can use the black ones :wax:

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor