Jegster G-body Crossmember

Status
Not open for further replies.

83gcut

Apprentice
Nov 6, 2008
Houston,TX.
What going on guys???????? i have a question for ya'll . does any body know if the jegster g-body crossmember will work for my application...
I have a 83 olds cutlass supreme it has now a sbc 350 with a turbo 350 transmission........ i seen this topic on here before.and i think i read in was B.S.
that jegs claims as far as it won't work on cutlass supreme........but can some one confirm this...........thanks....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jegster- ... leQ5fParts

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
It will work as long as it is a 2 door. Apparently it will not work with a 4 door, but they put Supreme instead of 4 door sor some stupid reason. The frames on the 2 doors are all the same, so it will work. I have one for mine.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
My buddy has one in his '81 Cutlass Cruiser wagon with Chevy 350/ TH 350 combination. I think he said that it fits fine but might come close to the floor at one point. I'll have to ask him again about that.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Do yourself, and your back a favor, get the iceman tubular one.

It fits great, allow use of huge exhaust, wieghs less.

I have installed both styles and found most clearance issues are body bushing related.

Hippi

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 20, 2009
ILL
NO DO NOT GET IT,it's the biggest pos the passenger side notch for the exhaust sits right behind the trans pan the drivers side wasn't much better I ended up cutting it up and just using the ends/mounts and making the rest myself.

Hippi

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 20, 2009
ILL
85 regal with an sbc th350 combo trust me man it's not worth the hassle you will go through trying to get exhaust to bend that tight without kinking it,what dia. pipe are you planning on running?I agree on picking up the iceman I wish I knew about it before I did mine

Hippi

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 20, 2009
ILL
what headers do you have? man I have been through this the past ten years in the different stages of my car,i have had a total of four different headers in my car and about three different exhaust setups the fist two for the street and then the later for the strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor