Joke of the day

That is the issue though, there were supposedly experts there to control weapons on the set and control of the weapons and the ammunition should have been handled by them exclusively until about 10 seconds before the camera started rolling and again and returned to the weapons expert about 10 seconds after scene completion. Checking over the weapon, or in this case, opening the cylinder to check if there are live rounds vs blank rounds would potentially cause issues because the revolver may no longer be lined up with the correct round.

Weapons control on this set was god-awful and it cost someone their life. That being said, if you have an expert on the set you either trust the protocols that they put in place or you replace the expert.

Pinning the blame on the person that pulled the trigger is only true to the extent that they seen that established practices were not being followed and said nothing or were themselves violating the policies set by the expert. From the information that I have read so far, it seems like the former more than the latter.
I'll be interested in hearing more of how the facts play out on this one since actually getting traction on firearms torts is so tricky.

Things I've heard reported without knowing the factual basis for:

What role he played as a producer in vetting the 'expert' after other more reputable sources declined the project; that there were other accidents on set; that normal and customary practices were to have various assistants, and that one person is usually solely devoted to clearing the weapons, another to maintaining and inspecting for safety the mechanics and making repairs, etc which were quoted as reasons by another reputable party declined the project when the jobs were merged at producers discretion for budgetary reasons; that the prop guns were being used recreationally by staff outside filming (which you would hear, if not partake); the report that the expert shot her foot on the project demonstrating a lack of qualifications;

The questions basically (in my mind) narrow to:

* his knowledge and/or role as producer re: the designated personnel, problems on set, etc
* his knowledge in any capacity of the firearms problems on the project that would reasonably create doubt he should rely on
* why he even pointed the gun where he did or pull the trigger, which, reportedly, were unrelated to any filming purpose.

We get through those 3, and you'll have your answers.

Reality: he's rich. He has influence. He can out litigate any family/survivors in a civil suit, and the jurisdictions want the jobs and tax money more film projects bring.. prosecuting the 'talent' is a sure way to chill those prospects. He's 99% going to walk.

But he better enjoy those cool Vermont getaways for now because he isn't getting younger. Soon he'll meet the only judge that matters, and it'll be a bit hotter where he's headed for a long long time.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Now that is Funny, Ironic, and worth considering. Got it all in One. Good on ya.

Nick

Now gotta wonder how come my funny Ironic comment keeps showing up in the middle of the Alec Baldwin vs reality posts when it was only intended as a response to Bonnewagon's post which was both a monologue and yes, funny. Not sure how, but it seems to reposting itself at the bottom of each successive page. Looper?

Nick

671fc32c6904a7ffeda9913d15d42765.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
With 56 pages here, not gonna read through them all to see if this one has been posted:

How many clowns does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Just two, but I don't know how they get in there.

Reactions: 1 users