kid keeps talking smack

Status
Not open for further replies.
pontiacgp said:
a couple of bags of sand in the back of our cars is probably the same weight as a 4 banger over the front wheels....also those FWD don't have posi track so they have one wheel spinning

Some FWD cars have LSDs, limited slip differentials; I know my Maxima did. I could spin both tires whenever I felt like it. I went through at least two 15"tires every 3 months back in those days.

Yea my 92 accord has a LSD. 8)

pontiacgp said:
well can you guys give me the code for that option for limited slip for those FWD's

My Maxima's transmissions came w/LSDs from the factory. I remember the letter "V" being in the transmission name/code (RS5F50V) meaning "Viscous Limited Slip Differential".

Thanks QDub, that's an interesting set up. I don't have front posi on my Jeep and only a couple of Jeep models offer it since it's hard to steer with a conventional posi.. The Nissan ones use fluid to engage the other side so in normal driving it's basically a one wheel drive..

"Viscous LSD units are popular OEM LSD solutions, as they are relatively simple and cheap to produce. They come in many performance Subarus, Nissans, Mazdas, Toyotas, etc. The LSD unit consists of stacks of thin plates with holes or slots, all suspended in a special silicone fluid. They have no clutches to wear out, and locking characteristics can theoretically be changed by varying fluid viscosity. Generally, however, these units are non-serviceable, and require no special maintenance. As the differential spins, the plates shear the fluid up to a point, after which the fluid provides some resistance to shear, allowing 15-25% torque transfer to the other wheel. The downside is that these units don't act like a limited slip until one wheel actually starts slipping (i.e., they don't prevent slippage), which means the VLSD action often kicks in after you've already exited the corner. Compared to the proactive nature of the Torsen LSDs, the VLSDs are reactive units. They do not prevent slippage, they merely sense differences in rotation, not torque. They also don't allow for very much torque transfer, compared to mechanical or clutch-pack LSDs. They do still work well for starting from a dead stop in slippery conditions. It is important to note that VLSDs locking characteristics occur both during acceleration AND braking, as it can't tell the difference between the two, but merely reacts to the rotational speed differences between the two drive wheels. "

pontiacgp said:
well can you guys give me the code for that option for limited slip for those FWD's
Mine wasnt a factory option. But when I did my swap. I did what I guess you can the big block honda swap I got the transmission then it comes from a h22 Honda prelude.
JDM H22 LSD transmission
img4618ce3.jpg

img4620bp6.jpg

- M2B4 This is the code for the transmission
- Direct fit for all H22 (92-01 - non SH)
- OEM Helical Type LSD
here is the link to the swap I bought.- http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc200 ... item=30018
H22A Type S 97-98 Complete Motor,Trans,Ecu
h22types.jpg

Price: $ 3299.00 Plus shipping and handling.
Availability: In Stock
- Motor
- LSD Hydraulic transmission
- ECU etc.

that's an interesting set up as well but I did read if the drive wheel is on a slippery surface the power only goes to the other wheel.... I'll stick with the RWD posi since both wheels are locked until forces in a corner allows slippage. The RWD posi works with pressures and not by rotation of a drive wheel.

1984-monte-carlo-ss said:
86 maroon gp 2+2 said:
1984-monte-carlo-ss did you get your car in working order already? would love to see some pics!
yea bro ill post pics on the "sad day thread" lol
Not to jump off topic but I just noticed you have an 84. The only reason I bring it up is because the stock gears in an 84 would be 3.42 not 3.73 unless you swapped them? Im sorry if I missed it but im just curious because that kinda changes everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor