kid keeps talking smack

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahah yeaa thats pretty funny, i mean light to light my car is pretty decent with the 3:73's but im going to do some slight upgrades before i race him just to make sure :wink:

Qdub24 said:
And w/it being FWD drive and the majority of the weight being over the drive tires, and it probably will get you on take off due to it's traction.

A FWD car would have less traction, not more purely because of the weight transfer from front to back when drag racing.

FE3X CLONE said:
Qdub24 said:
And w/it being FWD drive and the majority of the weight being over the drive tires, and it probably will get you on take off due to it's traction.

A FWD car would have less traction, not more purely because of the weight transfer from front to back when drag racing.

I always got the jump on everyone that I raced in my Maxima; when it was an auto, and after I converted it to a stick.

FE3X CLONE said:
Qdub24 said:

I'd say only at certain power levels. Lower power levels will give the fwd an advantage because of all the weight over the front axle, they just dont offer enough weight transfer to unload the tires much. Kinda goes back to why they are better in snow.

jrm81bu said:
FE3X CLONE said:
Qdub24 said:

I'd say only at certain power levels. Lower power levels will give the fwd an advantage because of all the weight over the front axle, they just dont offer enough weight transfer to unload the tires much. Kinda goes back to why they are better in snow.

a couple of bags of sand in the back of our cars is probably the same weight as a 4 banger over the front wheels....also those FWD don't have posi track so they have one wheel spinning in the snow. I don't drive my current G body in the snow but when I did I'd put that up against any FWD

pontiacgp said:
jrm81bu said:

a couple of bags of sand in the back of our cars is probably the same weight as a 4 banger over the front wheels....also those FWD don't have posi track so they have one wheel spinning in the snow. I don't drive my current G body in the snow but when I did I'd put that up against any FWD

Not really because a lot of the weight is past the front axle. Yes you can put the sand slightly past the rear axle but it still wont match the weight of a 4-6-8 cylinder engine and transmission.

I live in a place that gets a good amount of snow and theories are nice but actual experiences rules. I have gone places honda, volkwagon's chevy's etc couldn't go. My son's friends with all their FWD cars were dumbfounded when I use to drive by them on an unploughed road.

My '98 Olds Intrigue wasn't a powerhouse by any means with maybe 200hp tops out of the 3.8L but if you stomped it from a dead stop I'd have very little traction.

The saving grace for a lot of FWD cars is the traction control.

I'm not going by theory either, we get plenty of snow here. I'm not saying a g-body with weight and posi rear isn't capable, I know better, but a lot of fwd with out any help are just as capable. Besides the main debate here is talking about racing on dry pavement.
An example of my original statement. Take my 2.5 4 speed citation, couldn't spin a tire. My 2.5 s10 on the other hand could. There was hardly any weight transfer on the citation to try to unload the tires.

FE3X CLONE said:
My '98 Olds Intrigue wasn't a powerhouse by any means with maybe 200hp tops out of the 3.8L but if you stomped it from a dead stop I'd have very little traction.

The saving grace for a lot of FWD cars is the traction control.

And an 05 Gran Prix isn't a slouch but it surely won't light the tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor