jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
ATL Regal said:
jrm81bu said:
EGR tube.
Will I need it?

What do I do about the inlet where the tube connected to the intake?

That's probably up to you. If you want to ditch it then you'll have to take care of that on the computer flash as well. You may be able to find a plug for the intake if you get rid of it, but that may be a pain too. Sorry can't help too much more than that.

nova_rookie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 4, 2013
ATL Regal said:
jrm81bu said:
EGR tube.
Will I need it?

I will be running headers (I thought you were too) so I am going to delete the EGR . This is the intake delete plate that I referenced in an earlier post:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-S-10-S10- ... 3a7c82735a

I have reduced my harness and have everything labeled-- the C100 connector and fuse box have been separated from the harness. I am now going to reconfigure the fuse box so I can reuse it. It will house the following relays: fuel pump, 2 relays to feed PCM loads, starter relay, and a relay for electric fans as well as all the fuses for the Vortec harness.

My 1998 Vortec is actually wired like a 96-97 model with respect to the fuel pump relay and oil pressure switch. I will need to keep the oil pressure switch since it is in parallel with the fuel pump relay and actually energizes the fuel pump after the initial priming by the PCM signal. I will have to find a location to put my sender for my oil pressure gauge.

I don't think I'll be ready to put this harness back in the car until another 6 months. The body of my car will be going to the sand blaster next week. The car is a 63 Nova SS convertible.

Mike

ATL Regal

Apprentice
Aug 20, 2009
Atlanta
nova_rookie said:
ATL Regal said:
jrm81bu said:
EGR tube.
Will I need it?

I will be running headers (I thought you were too) so I am going to delete the EGR . This is the intake delete plate that I referenced in an earlier post:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-S-10-S10- ... 3a7c82735a
Man, these headers are whooping my *ss!
I got the passenger side on yesterday, but I took the starter off early on and once I got the header on I saw that there wasn't enough clearance to get the bolts back in the starter. SMH
So now I'm just gonna take the engine & trans back out, take the header off, put the starter back on, bolt up both headers and pray I can fit it back in place with them bolted on. If not, I haven't ruled out just going back with the stock exhaust manifolds and taking the headers BACK.

Looking at that delete plate, I don't see how it'll fit on my intake where I removed the tube from.
Did you see the pics I posted?

nova_rookie said:
I have reduced my harness and have everything labeled-- the C100 connector and fuse box have been separated from the harness. I am now going to reconfigure the fuse box so I can reuse it. It will house the following relays: fuel pump, 2 relays to feed PCM loads, starter relay, and a relay for electric fans as well as all the fuses for the Vortec harness.

My 1998 Vortec is actually wired like a 96-97 model with respect to the fuel pump relay and oil pressure switch. I will need to keep the oil pressure switch since it is in parallel with the fuel pump relay and actually energizes the fuel pump after the initial priming by the PCM signal. I will have to find a location to put my sender for my oil pressure gauge.

I don't think I'll be ready to put this harness back in the car until another 6 months. The body of my car will be going to the sand blaster next week. The car is a 63 Nova SS convertible.

Mike
Are you sure you have an L31?

So I'll have to rewire the entire underhood fuse block??

I was thinking I could just cut the C100 connector off and not use the wires not needed (dead end them). Is this not the case?

Maybe my understanding of how this engine system works isn't correct. I'm confused and thinking maybe I'm in over my head.

And I STILL cannot find a C100 diagram for a 97 GMC K1500 with L31 & 4L60E.
I'ma call a dealer tomorrow.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
It won't fit with the headers bolted up. Easiest way to get the headers in is remove both the starter and oil filter and install from underneath, one side at a time. Don't bolt them up until you install the starter at least, it'll make things a little easier. If you want to go a step farther, unbolt the steering column from the steering box and move it over some.

RUDE DOG

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2012
And I STILL cannot find a C100 diagram for a 97 GMC K1500 with L31 & 4L60E.
I'ma call a dealer tomorrow.[/quote]

I think that finding the pinout to the c100 connector would help tremendous and I cant find the info for that conector either.
Are you going to keep the harnesse's fuse and relay center and just power everything from there to make it appear stock, or are you going to splice things up.

nova_rookie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 4, 2013
Here is a pic of my 63 Nova SS Convertible:
convertible.jpg

Here is a pic of my wiring harness now. You can tell the engine is a Vortec 350 (L31):
wiringharness.jpg

Here is a pic of the EGR valve and the EGR valve delete plate. Note, this is not the plug for the EGR tube it is for the valve itself:
EGRvalve.jpg

Here is a pic of the delete plate installed:
EGRvalvedelete.jpg

Here is a pic of the C100 connector and fuse box divorced from the harness:
fuseboxremoved.jpg

I will reuse the fuse box but take out a bunch of stuff and rearrange the circuitry. I did cut a few wires that I will eventually add back. For instance, the starter relay was already in the box. I cut the wires to it and will have to rerun the wires back to the box again. The reason I did this was two fold: 1) I will modify the circuitry in some cases and 2) the existing wires in the harness would of been too long or too short, I would have been lucky if they were the right length.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor