L98 cam with mechanical fuel pump... need some tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMERA355

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2008
Bellflower,Ca
Hey guys ... my 305 took a dive, and I scored on a bare 350 block for almost nothing. It`s a 638 2 bolt casting with roller cam and fuel pump provisions. Here`s my dilemma. This is the 1st time I am building a roller cam SBC. I came up on an 89 L98 cam ( from an Iroc Z ). To my surprise,it has a fuel pump eccentric. I have searched the web,and got all kinds of do`s and dont`s. I would like to know what kind of fuel pump push rod to use. Can I use a regular one or do I have to use the brass tipped one. I am on a budget,so I was planning on salvaging as much as I can from the 305. As far as the distributor gear, I also came up on a melonized gear from an L31 Vortec ( hope it fits the old school HEI). Any info/opinions would be appreciated.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Chevy Fuel Pump Push Rod for Roller Cams

Part # 91511985

(1 review)
$19.99
(Each)
Quantity:
In Stock

Fields in red are required.
Add to Cart

Add to Build List

speedway-motors-modal-logo.png

X
1 item added to cart
Chevy Fuel Pump Push Rod for Roller Cams

91511985_T.jpg

greenCheck.png

Added!
Chevy Fuel Pump Push Rod for Roller Cams Part # 91511985

$19.99
Quantity: 1 - Price: $19.99
Your Shopping Cart now has 10 items .
Total: $100.00
Checkout
here to login.
Item XXXXXXXX is on BACKORDER. We will ship it when it becomes available. Press "Continue" to add this item to your cart.

If you'd like to receive an email notification when this item is back in stock enter your email here:

Email:
Sign-up

To return to the page click "Cancel".

Cancel

Continue

Not what you're looking for?

View Other:

COMP Cams Fuel Pump Push Rods

View Other:

Fuel Pump Push Rods

Specs
Material Type:
Steel
Sold in Quantity:
Each
Color:
Black
Finish:
Black Oxide
Overall Length:
Overall Diameter:
GTIN Code:
Notes
Pushrod has a brass tip on the end that rides on the roller cam.

91511985_L.jpg

Click image to enlarge

Details
Reviews (1)
Q & A (1)
What's in the Box

Info
These lightweight fuel pump pushrods are specifically for use with 8620 and 9310 steel billet roller and slot hardfaced camshafts. One end of the pushrod has a bronze tip to bear against the fuel pump eccentric on the camshaft, eliminating the wear problems that occur when using a standard fuel pump pushrod (especially in endurance type applications).

• Fits both S/B Chevy 262-400 (1955-1995) and B/B Chevy 396-454 (1965-1990)
  • Heat treated tubular steel construction
  • Centerless ground for concentricity

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

GAMERA355

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2008
Bellflower,Ca
I know about those... I am just wondering if it is mandatory to use the brass tipped one. Some have mention using the regular one with OEM cams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor