Late model seats in a G body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Since you are in Canada, reach out to Kevin (O.D. Showtime) to see if he has any bucket seat tracks. He's a top notch seller and he's in Canada too so that will save on shipping.

That's actually who I got the 60/40 seat tracks from.

Just seeing this thread and these posts now...I guess when we talked about these seat tracks we didn't discuss that they were going on buckets. In my for sale post I did indicate that they were 55/45 or 60/40 seat tracks. I did post that "I think they will also work for bucket seats" It was my impression that the 60/40 tracks would work for buckets. I actually had a member message me asking to purchase the same tracks as he was also under the impression that they would fit bucket seats.

When I first bought my 82 SS El Camino it had buckets in it..

Inusa3.jpg

My son liked them and they were a match for his interior color so I pulled them in case we wanted to put them in his Malibu. I found and installed a set of 60/40 seats from an 84 Monte Carlo which bolted right into the Camino..

kQszV2.jpg

This is what lead me to say... with the tracks I posted... that "I think they will work for buckets".

I'm not the kind of person to leave someone hanging on something I sell...even though we did not talk about what you were mounting. I do know where there are or at least were two bucket seat Gbody cars. I've been trying to get there for some parts for another member but the guy that runs the yard seems to be hit and miss. I can ask if he's be willing to sell just a set of tracks and maybe we can work something out to get you what you need. If either of these don't work out I talked to a guy tonight about buying a bucket/console Malibu and we're hoping to hook up so I can see it sometime in the next little while. If the seats are rough and what I'd say are non sell able I'd be willing to pull the tracks for you.

Reactions: 2 users

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
Just seeing this thread and these posts now...I guess when we talked about these seat tracks we didn't discuss that they were going on buckets. In my for sale post I did indicate that they were 55/45 or 60/40 seat tracks. I did post that "I think they will also work for bucket seats" It was my impression that the 60/40 tracks would work for buckets. I actually had a member message me asking to purchase the same tracks as he was also under the impression that they would fit bucket seats.

When I first bought my 82 SS El Camino it had buckets in it..

Inusa3.jpg

My son liked them and they were a match for his interior color so I pulled them in case we wanted to put them in his Malibu. I found and installed a set of 60/40 seats from an 84 Monte Carlo which bolted right into the Camino..

kQszV2.jpg

This is what lead me to say... with the tracks I posted... that "I think they will work for buckets".

I'm not the kind of person to leave someone hanging on something I sell...even though we did not talk about what you were mounting. I do know where there are or at least were two bucket seat Gbody cars. I've been trying to get there for some parts for another member but the guy that runs the yard seems to be hit and miss. I can ask if he's be willing to sell just a set of tracks and maybe we can work something out to get you what you need. If either of these don't work out I talked to a guy tonight about buying a bucket/console Malibu and we're hoping to hook up so I can see it sometime in the next little while. If the seats are rough and what I'd say are non sell able I'd be willing to pull the tracks for you.

I hope I did not make it seem that I am blaming you for the issues with the seats, I know you said they were 60/40 tracks. With the limited reasurch I had done many people had said that 60/40 tracks and bucket tracks were the same. I found a solution to the problem. I took the image I posted earlier and using the slot size as my known variable, figured out the dimensions of that foot. (Mr evil's post confirmed my guesstimates) I then went to the mill and made a foot to match, cut off the old one and had my buddy weld it on. Works like a charm! I'll post pictures when I'm done the project.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
I too was always under the impression that the tracks were the same. I can't remember if I ever actually tried the swap though.
Glad you got it figured out, I suppose modification and fabrication go hand in hand pretty often...

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I hope I did not make it seem that I am blaming you for the issues with the seats, I know you said they were 60/40 tracks. With the limited reasurch I had done many people had said that 60/40 tracks and bucket tracks were the same. I found a solution to the problem. I took the image I posted earlier and using the slot size as my known variable, figured out the dimensions of that foot. (Mr evil's post confirmed my guesstimates) I then went to the mill and made a foot to match, cut off the old one and had my buddy weld it on. Works like a charm! I'll post pictures when I'm done the project.

No you did not come across as blaming, I was more concerned that something you bought from me wasn't working out right for you. I probably should have pointed out in our messages that they may or may not work properly if being used for bucket seats. The limited experience I had with this was a good one....and maybe I got lucky? I'm glad to hear you got it figured and can make them work for you!

Reactions: 2 users

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
FWIW, I love Bonneville bucket seats,circa 1992-1999. Can be SEM sprayed to match most interiors. Search for the 12 way power seats for the win!

Happy camper

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2016
San Dimas Ca.
FWIW, I love Bonneville bucket seats,circa 1992-1999. Can be SEM sprayed to match most interiors. Search for the 12 way power seats for the win!
How did the Bonneville seats fit ,also where you able to use the back seat? I had just looked at some the other day and was wondering if they would fit.

Reactions: 1 user

slowestmonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 2, 2017
I just picked these seats up at the englishtown swap meet in the spring for $5 (pretty good deal if you ask me), but I have no idea what they're out of. They're the typical G-Body shape and the same upholstery style, and the mounting holes almost lined up perfectly, but the fabric is a weird sort of cross-weave thing. You can see it pretty well in the second photo. Anyone know what they're out of?
Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor