Lets hear your long term, forgotten, amd interrupted projects...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
mine is my 76 international traveler. i bought it over 30 years ago.i used to use it as a daily driver.i the body done a couple times on it (filler) i was waiting for body panels to be available. but nobody ever made them. i got my cutlass and worked on it for a few years. finally finished it up. now i found they make body panels for the scout so finally i can start on it. 25 years later. she needs new quarters,floors,fenders,rockers ect. so hoping 25 years later to start finally getting it done.she is a catch all right now. lol

Attachments

• 16807066_10207703871344417_575234032791442602_n.jpg
    16807066_10207703871344417_575234032791442602_n.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
We'll leave aside the low hanging fruit on that one, it's too easy :ROFLMAO:

At least you've got your regular dose of Stellantis to help manage the condition right?

This new company's name sounds like an erectile dysfunction medication.

erection GIF

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I recently posted that I had picked up an engine for a '74 Ford Pinto about a month ago. The Pinto had quit running back in 1996, because of a burnt piston. I think a piston ring had broken, causing a place for hot exhaust gasses to seep past, burning the side of the piston. The replacement engine/trans combo is setting on the carport floor.
In June 1996, to replace the Pinto as a driver, I purchased a '79 Datsun pickup. It came with a blown head gasket. I just kept the radiator topped off with water and it ran fine for about 6-7 years.
Over Thanksgiving weekend of 2001, my father-in-law gave to my wife and I his '78 GMC Caballero which is my main project at this time. The Caballero was a DD until the autumn of 2012 when my mother-in-law gave my wife her '98 Ford Taurus. At that point, I began driving the '03 Ford Focus that I had bought for my wife back in 2005, and usually only drove the Caballero if I needed to go to the hardware store, or to the feed store for hay for the goats.
In summer of 2013, my wife and I got the '79 El Camino, but with less than 38000 miles, I did not want to daily it, and only took it out once in a while.
The Focus went belly-up in 2016, and so I went back to DD'ing the Caballero, but it was getting well worn out, and I knew it would need an overhaul soon.
I began thinking and planning on which non-runner was going to get overhauled first. The local mechanic shop wanted almost 2-1/2 times the bluebook value of the Focus to R&R the Focus engine (engine + parts + labor), no that is not going to happen. I wanted an upgrade to the Datsun powertrain if I were to work on that one. I wanted either a v6 or a turbo4 in the Pinto if I were to work on that one. I finally decided that I would pull the v6/3spd out of the Caballero and put in a v8. I found a T5 to hook up to the v8 and started the swap. I had to drive the El Camino as a daily for two months while I did the v6 to v8 swap.
So, now to get back on track with the theme of this thread, I have three non-running, and three running vehicles in my driveway.
Running: '78 Caballero, '79 El Camino, '98 Taurus.
Non-running: '74 Pinto, '79 Datsun P/U, '03 Focus.
Slowly gathering parts (well, engines/transmissions), an '88 2.3L turbo from a Tbird for the Pinto, and an EFI 4.3L v6 from an '87 El Camino to drop into the Datsun. No current enthusiasm for the Focus.

Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Lets see, I've got a bunch of "long term" projects. Still unfinished or not started for lack of time and money, not always at the same time either.
You've all seen the 1981 Buick/Olds wagon. I need to finish the interior this year and it's done-ish.
I then have my Wifes 1970 Monte Carlo I plan on getting started on in the summer/fall. Stockish Resto
I have my 1964 Chevelle convertible SS. That is a close to retirement project I think.
I have my 1965 El Camino Drag Project. I just drug that to my mountain, and will putter with that next winter spring. (junkyard LS, ebay turbo) go fast cheap!
My 1932 Ford is just an old resto that I drive the sh*t out of and improve here and there.
I'm working on gather the parts for a square body k30 dually project, standard cab long bed.

This isn't counting the other projects I am a part off my brother, Father, and cousin have.

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
It will be three years this Memorial Day since the Regal has seen the light of day. The pic in my avator was the last time out. Hopefully that will change this year. Have a lot of plans (full cage, frame notch, and a glide) so we will see. Would hate to sell it.

IMG_5990.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor