Let's see some front speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Obviously my set up only works with power windows since the speakers are where the hand crank would be, the windows function as they would normally even with the speakers in my Monte that have big magnets and are deep still have clearance.
With the speakers up high I feel the sound quality is better than having them in a kick panel or lower door panel and legs and feet don't block the sound and I also like that the speakers don't protrude but maybe a 1/2" or so into the interior.
I liked the set up so much I did something very similar In my Regal but used a shallow mount 2 way in the door instead of components but have new 3-1/2" in the dash instead of the tweeters. I have 6 x 9's in the rears of both cars flush mounted. (no adapters)
View attachment 77011

Awesome, thanks I think I'm gonna go this route

Darth Buddha

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2018
Moira, New York
Obviously my set up only works with power windows since the speakers are where the hand crank would be, the windows function as they would normally even with the speakers in my Monte that have big magnets and are deep still have clearance.
With the speakers up high I feel the sound quality is better than having them in a kick panel or lower door panel and legs and feet don't block the sound and I also like that the speakers don't protrude but maybe a 1/2" or so into the interior.
I liked the set up so much I did something very similar In my Regal but used a shallow mount 2 way in the door instead of components but have new 3-1/2" in the dash instead of the tweeters. I have 6 x 9's in the rears of both cars flush mounted. (no adapters)
View attachment 77011

I wonder if this type of mod can be done on an 86 Monte ss .. my power window buttons are in the way... Maybe the buttons can be placed on the arm ready also? Any thoughts?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Placing the speakers in the kick panels is about staging, not sound quality. It equalizes the pathlengths to your ear. I just made some kick panels for my Bonneville. It's pretty tight down there, so you can't fit a big driver which doesn't allow for much midbass. However, the perceived sound stage is pretty good.
72155-e04a1eb13910da41f95797bd22c26431.jpg

20180323_202424-jpg.85146

Darth Buddha

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2018
Moira, New York
I got four alpine 4" 2-way on the way... My receiver with the mini amp will power them...

Two in the dash and two in the back up high, either in the speaker shelf or in the piller area...

Now I want something with more power, powered with an amp in the trunk.. both front and back..

Up front it will go in the door or down low, like you have done..

In the back the speaker shelf or down by your arm...

Looking at four, 6 1/5 " or maybe 6x9's.. just plotting locations... trying to get ideas...

6x9's in the front seem impossible.. Unless mounted in the doors with some sort of custom riser rings...

Any ideas? Been looking around for a few days, trying to come up with ideas...

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I wonder if this type of mod can be done on an 86 Monte ss .. my power window buttons are in the way... Maybe the buttons can be placed on the arm ready also? Any thoughts?
There are pictures of both my Monte and Regal on the first page, both have power windows and I moved the switch next to the power lock switch with no modifications to the power window wiring.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
fleming, I have 4x 6.5" pioneer grills you can have. May take a few days via CanPost / USPS

Always hated the effort it takes for these cars to have good sound without showing it. My car has tweets in the AC vents and 3.5's in the dash. 6x9's flush on the rear deck and 2x10's in the trunk. Next update will drop one of the 10's and add some 6.5" 2 ways to the rear armrest.

Maybe I am getting older but I recall a friend had 6x9's in the rear decklid, concert II door pods, and some 3.5" kappas in the dash. Sounded rea clean

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I'm so lost in this thread I don't think I have a working stereo system in any of my cars not even my truck lol maybe it's time:blam:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm so lost in this thread I don't think I have a working stereo system in any of my cars not even my truck lol maybe it's time:blam:

you don't want to jump in too quick, the shock of hearing voices might drive you crazy....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor