LET'S SEE SOME GRAND PRIXS!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I am actually building (as in converting to) a stick car right now. I plan to put a T-Top roof on it. Now, if a nice person were to just sell me his it would save me a lot of work. I'm sure Santa would put him on the nice list.

Seriously, If someone knows of one of those that become available in the future, please let me know. I am an avid Pontiac collector (as my budget allows of course) and I would love a real 4 spd car. T-tops are a plus but not a requirement.
Why cut half the roof off the car? If you want to put some power in it, better brace the body and frame. GN guys have busted windows and popped out t tops.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Always loved the 78-79 GP's but good lord that front end. One day I will have one and I will have to do something with the front end.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
If you want to put some power in it, better brace the body and frame. GN guys have busted windows and popped out t tops.
The problem doesn't lie in the T-top roof. It lies in the flimsy frames these cars have. You will have major flex in it regardless of it being T-top or not.

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
Always loved the 78-79 GP's but good lord that front end. One day I will have one and I will have to do something with the front end.

Actually that thats why I like them. Cant stand the modern look.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The problem doesn't lie in the T-top roof. It lies in the flimsy frames these cars have. You will have major flex in it regardless of it being T-top or not.
A t top car is inherently weaker than a hard top car, flimsy frame or not. It will need extra bracing to compensate for half the roof being gone.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Belle, even though yours was equipped with the least desireable powerplant available, that car has survived miraculously well! one of my favorite GP's here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor