Let's see your battery trunk relocation setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
It's also a benefit because the cable going to the starter is only "hot" when cranking

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
How's that for a useless answer. It's from back when headers close to the starter would cause hot start issues with the solenoid
I was just wondering, mine is up front on the heater case but I use mine also as a junction to send power to other parts of the car.
IMG_1478.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It's also a benefit because the cable going to the starter is only "hot" when cranking
Exactly, but in the trunk your 12 volt constant source ends at the solenoid and since the battery cable going to the starter is only hot when cranking then you are either running another power wire to the front of the car or bringing them back to the rear.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
You must have air ride and the leds are from amplifier???
I do have Air ride, LED's I put in to turn on a light when the trunk opens
What battery hold down is that? Since I can't seem to leave anything alone, I might go ahead and move my battery again to the same area when I swap back to the stock gas tank.
I believe the guy that built it made his own tie down. I had been looking at one on Ebay because I had to change this around a little because it wasn't holding it down right
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=263654342834

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have mine in the same location as 565bbchevy but it doesn't look as nice. I have the fusible link lines and alterator going to it and I have jumper terminal feeding off of it which I use as a junction point for some other components

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Searching quite a bit and consensus is at the battery since it holds all the energy. And should be rated to the size cable feeding it obviously
Correct. the battery stores way more amperage than the alternator. I guess you could consider the regulator in the alternator as a fuse; it will burnout if shorted. Batteries start fires and weld things together.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor