Lets see your El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Haven't been posting much lately....picked this 79 up late this fall. Haven't had much time to really do anything with it, and now it's tarped and under a snow bank.

p9280001q.jpg

p9280003.jpg

p9280004.jpg

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
26705399028_large.jpg

im liking that colum lock ya got there and also, nice sound system setup in the back, is that custom or can ya buy it at the store?

84ElCamino

Greasemonkey
Nov 17, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Thanks for comments. The system set up is custom. By buddy built it for me. He's about to build a couple more of my specs and post them on Ebay for sale. Some will be bare wood and others with vinyl. i spent like 200 total for the wood, plexi glass, sub box and vinyl. everywhere else they were trying to get me for 500+. No way.

stevens racing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2011
I love the look of the 16" or even larger IROC wheels on the elcamino's....but I see listings labeling front wheels or rear wheels, I assume the offset or back spacing is different, what is needed to make them usable on our G-body's? Are any wheel spacers needed? Thanks, John

84ElCamino

Greasemonkey
Nov 17, 2009
Los Angeles, California
For the rear you will need 1/2" spacers so the wheel won't rub against the frame. For the front you'll need coil spacers and you are good to go. I have 22s and i don't think i'll go bigger because I like the ride and I can still smoke the tires easily.

lilbaggie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2009
I have a set of factory 16s on mine so I can't speak to the aftermarket IROCS but for the factory 15" & 16", the Fronts will bolt right up, Rears will need a spacer. If you can find two sets of Fronts, you'll be set.

Attachments

• ElcoSingleExh.jpg
    ElcoSingleExh.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 4,483
  • Elco87Hero.jpg
    Elco87Hero.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 4,497
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor