Lets Try this again: Cutlass Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
Like what you're doing btw

Thank you! Ill look into the timing cover idea. Getting people to weld this or that (outside of what I can do with flux) is going to kill me price wise.

Reactions: 1 user

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
Okay so more stuff happening today... GM decided to make it hard to get these mounts out, so I decided not to waste time trying to find the right angle to get them out. Made wrench access holes that should’ve been there from the factory with a rasp tool.

Attachments

• FC06B6F7-CD3D-429B-90ED-E5FA7D98466D.jpeg
    FC06B6F7-CD3D-429B-90ED-E5FA7D98466D.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 208
Reactions: 1 users

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
Okay, so now that we are done with that, it’s hot side time. I won’t be turbo for a little bit but I’m going to do something I haven’t seen before: I’m going to build the hot side with the t4 flange where the turbo will be, and put a flange on top, with a downpipe to a dump.

when I get the turbo and plumbing, all I’ll need to do is unbolt the top flange, cut the downpipe off the flange and vband it. It’ll look odd in the engine bay, but I’m not building this car to win trophies or appeal to anyone. Just want to do burnouts and have fun on the highway with some 392s and coyotes 🙂

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
SBC mounts and setback plates installed. One of the bolts hit against the webbing on the block, so I clearanced it with a grinder.

Got the exhaust manifolds on and flipped to the front. AC compressor is going to be TIGHT. I’ll cut the flange off, put on a 90 degree to kick it out and clear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 201

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
Found this garbage behind my shed, it’s stock exhaust piping from some random gbodies so it should work at 2.25”. The piece joining the two mufflers is going to be perfect as a merge for the flange up to the turbo.

now I gotta teach myself how to weld really quick so I can get these exhaust manifold bolts out really quick.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
2 and a quarter inch pipe is going to cause a lot of back pressure on a turbo setup

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
2 and a quarter inch pipe is going to cause a lot of back pressure on a turbo setup
Don’t think I know many people not running between 2.25 -2.5” hot sides. Most I’ve seen are 2.25 up to the turbo. I’ll be running a 3” downpipe... or whatever fits between the ac box and the rest of the crap under there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor