lifting my car

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldiejams

Master Mechanic
Jan 21, 2011
Tucson
assuming all stock suspension is intact how would 24s fit on a gbody?

i wanted to ride a little high, but i don't really want to get a lift

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
oldiejams said:

With brand new stock V8 springs & shocks and the lowest profile 24" tires (25 series) you can get, they should bolt right up. You may need to roll the wheelwell lips for a little more clearance, and/or trim a bit of the front fenders to turn the wheels.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
bigdawg said:
how much and how would i pay you i dont have a credit card or nothing like that ... lol
Shoot me a pm.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
bigdawg said:
that sounds like a great idea until i run into the fact the springs are 100 bucks and shipping equals what 20 or more dollars + the 20 bucks for the prepaid = unless the springs are close to free its not worth it unless im wrong

I get a $500 prepaid visa from the bank for $3.75 and I don't have an account with that bank. They are nice to use with online purchases and I look at the $3.75 as insurance cause my credit card is safe

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
ur right i forgot about those kind of credit cards but isnt it you pay 500 and then if u buy something you have to make payments right? its like for those trying to establish credit and the 500 is basically insurance for the bank that your not gonna screw them

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it's not a card that I can top up. Once the card is done it's in the garbage. I can buy it in any amount up to $500 and you register it online to use like any other credit card. It's $3.75 for any amount so the $500 is the best value

Mathematic

Greasemonkey
Aug 19, 2009
GP403 said:
the man said he didn't want to hear any of this racist sh*t. Yet here it is. Not the place for it. Help the man lift his car or gtfo of this thread.....
some of the realest sh*t ive ever read on this forum....

oldiejams

Master Mechanic
Jan 21, 2011
Tucson
Qdub24 said:
oldiejams said:

With brand new stock V8 springs & shocks and the lowest profile 24" tires (25 series) you can get, they should bolt right up. You may need to roll the wheelwell lips for a little more clearance, and/or trim a bit of the front fenders to turn the wheels.

thanks bro
the v8 springs will be cool with a v8 in the car though right? or is it a rule to get heavier duty springs than you need for your application if you want to ride on big rims

like:
231 with small block v8 springs
350 with big block springs?

or new v8 springs with v8 engine is ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor