lifting my car

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
where do you get trailing arms im trying to look them up and upper/lower control arms keep comming up is that the same? where did you get yours

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Yes same thing, trailing arms/control arms are for the rear axle, A-arms are for the front spindles/wheels(stock A-arms should be fine for your purposes) Umi or C3 fabrication are both good company's with lots of G-body selection.

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
so would i need top, bottom, or both and im assuming the "adjustable" would be raise/lower it right? and the more parts u change higher you go right? its making sense

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
If your uprgading the rear susp. it would probably be cheaper to buy both lower + upper in a kit. I dont know how much "higher" or "lower" it would adjust the car. As far as my understanding it's more of a performance thing, allowing you to adjust the pinion angle of the rear axle. However it may help if your a c*nt hair off on a wheel/rim clearance issue. The stiffer/longer springs mentioned earlier are still the best bet alone, or combo'd with new trailing arms, for fitting fat rubber/rims under the back. Drag racers on this site will tell you they've been fitting almost 28" slicks back there with little to no modifications for a long time. Again as posted before, buy the wheels you want, test fit and then make mods if needed as they should be mild and within a budget.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
i got the rear springs, if you want em.. there is pics of how i was sittin with the rear caprice springs and spacers up front on stock springs and 22s, they are in my build thread.

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
that sounds like a great idea until i run into the fact the springs are 100 bucks and shipping equals what 20 or more dollars + the 20 bucks for the prepaid = unless the springs are close to free its not worth it unless im wrong

and it looks like the spacers got you higher than those springs and dude said he fit six's with those springs excuse me but something must not be registering in my brain correctly

in fact ive been skeptical of what everyone is saying because my monte was stretched out like completely with a jack it wouldnt go up, like right away the tires left the ground i could change my oil without a jack and i still couldnt get six's to fit on it only fours so is someone lying to me or am i crasy? u guys must be talkin about tucking the rims under the fenders type sh*t and thats not what i want

p.s. ur interior is player dlo, mines clean but i dont think its that clean, and its blue when id rather have red like urs

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I am talking about tucking the rims; I'm not into sitting high above my rims and off the ground. Those springs didn't use to be that expensive, but I guess inflation got to them. If you're into sitting high then you're gonna have to spend big bucks for a real lift kit. Those parts store twist-in spacers don't give you a good ride quality at all.

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
hmm i guess if i wanna use those springs id have to get diff rims cause they gotta clear the fenders cause they stick out i dont understand all that off set stuff. i just see rims i like and want them on the ****

that would explain why it rode like complete sh*t

i want my sh*t like this lol (some day)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uakme9UjNik

runs good when they leaks oil lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor