Looking for help on buying a Monte Carlo 78

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
Balls didn't think about looking at fluids but it's only like 40 miles away I can make the trip again. Next time meet him out there, I was just looking at it without him.
how are you going to get it home? if you have AAA i think they will tow it for a small price, if you dont you can always rent a uhaul and tow it back home. definately dont plan on driving it though.

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
Yeah he said his aunt got it from his cousin's in-laws and they are from Nevada
its ALOT better to get it from a hot state than cold, in one of the pics your brake line looked rust free so i wouldnt really worry about rust anymore. this car looks very good for 1000$

WBLSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2017
St.Paul, MN
how are you going to get it home? if you have AAA i think they will tow it for a small price, if you dont you can always rent a uhaul and tow it back home. definately dont plan on driving it though.

A neighbor by my parents house has a double axle trailer that I can ask him to barrow. I think it might be able to hold the car.

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
A neighbor by my parents house has a double axle trailer that I can ask him to barrow. I think it might be able to hold the car.
how well do you know them, i feel bad when i ask someone to use their stuff because deep down you know they dont really want you to use it but they say yes because they dont want to come off as rude. maybe offer them some cash to borrow it?

WBLSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2017
St.Paul, MN
how well do you know them, i feel bad when i ask someone to use their stuff because deep down you know they dont really want you to use it but they say yes because they dont want to come off as rude. maybe offer them some cash to borrow it?

I think good we chat with theme kind of a lot and stop by for beers but it can't hurt to offer like 50 or something.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

WBLSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2017
St.Paul, MN

Do you happen to to know what kinda cost it will be to have the inside done?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It does look pretty dry and solid underneath from what I can tell....it certainly doesn't look like your typical crusty northern rust belt special.

I would first concentrate on cleaning the car up, then assess what's needed to make it roadworthy.
Flush the tank, change all the fluids, possibly have the carb rebuilt...new plugs, cap, rotor, wires...new battery of course. If you can get it for a few hundred less, that's money to help make it road ready.
If not, the car still seems like a killer deal.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
Do you happen to to know what kinda cost it will be to have the inside done?
cost probably wouldnt be much just cleaned, if the cracked dash really bothers you im sure those are expensive but id reccomend because the seats are cloth just using a seat shampoo and vacuum the thing out really good. i think the interior will turn out well and BTW was the headliner falling down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor