Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Dana,
Let us know how it works out. 🙃

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
are wagons heavier in the rear than a 2 door?

For sure. I put Eibach's in and it drops a coupe right about 1", on my wagon (stock, nothing in the back) dropped about 3" or more.

Reactions: 2 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I can't see a wagon weighing around 400 lbs more in the rear....

🤷‍♂️

All I can tell you is what actually happened.

Maybe someone else tried it and can chime in. The springs were in great physical shape but also had many years of use. But held their 1” drop in my SS. Also don’t know if the spring rate(if this is what your using) is a good tool with most of the additional weight behind the axle. But I’m not an engineer.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Ditto with Hotchkis. Made for a coupe, under the wagon they sank to 2" drop levels. Of course, if I cut the 5660s half a coil....🤔

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
A stock F41 spring dropped mine 2”, a 1” drop spring lowered it 3”, so it seems in line to me.

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Install air bags, make your life hell :sneaky: but there are really slick air systems out there with self-levelers so you can set it and use to haul / tow and it will retain that exact height. If you stick with coils I agree don't torch them then they might feel too solid. I think there are spring lowering clamps available to fine tune the height? You could try those instead

It goes this low!
regal-rear-drop.jpg

Last edited:

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I can't see a wagon weighing around 400 lbs more in the rear....
Like pbgbody, I'm not an engineer either but wagons do weigh more. More importantly, its where the extra weight is placed. Its all behind the rear wheels. If i stand on the back bumper, the rear of the car will sage more than if i stand on the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor