LS Powered Monte Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada
Re: New Project 81 Monte Build

Well plans of getting the monte painted have kind of been put on the back burner for now... lay offs suck :evil: but ive been working at some the littler things in the time being. stripped the the interior panels out of the ss and to my supprise everything is looking alright. the upper door panels were burnt to a crisp on the ss... original owner wasnt a carefull smoker. I decided to use the vinyl uppers and rear panels from the 81 (i think they look alot nicer than the carpet ss panels). the seats from the ss were good, minor cigarette burn on the drivers seat. seats will shampoo nice. i just need to find a dash and order a new carpet. i have already re sprayed most of the panels with SEM paint with the correct colour from the 87 ss.

013_zps2d4c5b08.jpg

022_zpsef6f59ae.jpg

023_zpse174c747.jpg

024_zpsac1a552c.jpg

032_zps9637904b.jpg

031_zpsef8b1a1a.jpg

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal

:shock: :shock: Went throught hole thread!! NICE!!!! wish i had a garage!! lol :wink: :shock:

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
:shock: :shock: Went throught hole thread!! NICE!!!! wish i had a garage!! lol :wink: :shock:

Thanks man, im very lucky my dad uncle own a 40 by 90 shop and a small insulated barn to work on all this stuff... my dads been a great help to me. we rent out alot of the shop now but we tend to accumulate alot of "stuff" with the space. i feel a shop clean out coming when the monte is done lol.

011.jpg

as you can see the place gets full :lol:

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada

I just finished cleaning up my inner fenders. I hit them with a coat of krylon fusion satin black and I was quite impressed with how they turned out. I also shampooed the buckets from the SS and sprayed the vinyl with SEM. They look alright for 25 year old seats, could use some more shampooing. Also I stripped the dash and wiring out of the SS. Plan on using all the SS wiring but the computer will be long gone. I need to find another dash cause both the 81 and the SS were cracked.

028.jpg

046.jpg

029.jpg

048.jpg

047.jpg

86monte

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2012
Vermont

Looks like things are coming along well. Another great build!

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada

Picked these up for the Monte this week. They are 15X9s with 5.5" backspace for the wider ford 9" rear. Planning on running a 275/60 drag radial on the rear. Fronts are just the basic 15/6s which I plan on running a 205/65 on. Ive also thought of maybe getting these powder coated black but undecided. I really wanted the get a set of Weld RT/RTS series rims but my bank account says they will have to wait lol

023_zps8495f74a.jpg

022-1_zpsa885c0d1.jpg

016-2_zps84a37ecf.jpg

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada
Project 81 Monte Build LQ9 Powered

Finally found the engine I have been looking for for my project. Picked up this 6.0L LQ9 (345hp/380ft-lb) from an o4 cadillac escalade ext with only 90,000 km on the odo. Heard it run before it was pulled and it sounded and ran great! planning on swapping cams and doing a carb conversion aswell as a few other upgrades. also planning on running the orignal 200-4r from my ss (being built up to handle the power). I have been looking through this forum and some of the LS forums for info but any input from you guys that have done a swap like this would be much appriciated!

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Re: Project 81 Monte Build LQ9 Powered

NIce!! i have a line on the same engine! but i haven't pulled the trigger as a haven't seen the 5.7 run yet on my GP's lS1 swap... it's cheap enough i may just pick it for a spare. Why not keep it EFI? I wouldn't consider a carb a upgrade :lol: Sure it costs a bit a more but i hope it's worth it in regards to mpg and being able to tune it to max hp. If you don't have emissions then it's even easier!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor