Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
Reactions: 1 user

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
This is the smaller pulley guys use on G-body’s that use the truck accessories. It’s 5” diameter. Yours might be closer to 6”?

Dorman 300-202 Power Steering Pump Pulley https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FY7LBRU/?tag=gbody-20
Kemper, I noticed in your signature that you have heat and AC, did you use the factory box? What bracket and compressor? Did you have to re route the AC lines to clear the turbo?

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
There is a large and small case alternator. If you have the big one off like a Denali it probably won't fit. If you find the low amp off like a 04 regular cab pickup it should fit. I have the small case low amp unit with truck accessories and a stock truck pan so my setup sits higher than yours and it just clears. I trimmed the hood brace in one spot.

• Agree

Kemper1976

Greasemonkey
Jul 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
Kemper, I noticed in your signature that you have heat and AC, did you use the factory box? What bracket and compressor? Did you have to re route the AC lines to clear the turbo?
Yes, I was able to retain the factory HVAC box. It was pretty important for me to keep everything intact and functional.

I used all Holley corvette brackets and an A/C compressor from a 91 Z-28. I had a/c lines made locally to fit my setup.

My turbo is on the passenger side and my A/C is mounted on the passenger side. My exhaust runs underneath the A/C compressor but isn’t actually close to the compressor.

Here are some pics.

4A5D3100-0D1A-49CC-8AF8-AFAC5E0B415E.jpeg
696DDA8F-D161-4FF3-A7F5-E378C323A99C.jpeg
B2E38662-8C5E-40CC-BCDF-03174D9D223D.jpeg
25B825DF-C0AF-45F3-9F14-F01881429B40.jpeg
16B0C043-30E7-4928-BDCF-B43C1D8B5BCA.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
Yes, I was able to retain the factory HVAC box. It was pretty important for me to keep everything intact and functional.

I used all Holley corvette brackets and an A/C compressor from a 91 Z-28. I had a/c lines made locally to fit my setup.

My turbo is on the passenger side and my A/C is mounted on the passenger side. My exhaust runs underneath the A/C compressor but isn’t actually close to the compressor.

Here are some pics.

View attachment 133351 View attachment 133352 View attachment 133353 View attachment 133354 View attachment 133355
Great pics, they will help a lot thanks. Most Gbody guys I see go pass side, what made you go drivers side? I thought drivers side might be nice to not have to move the battery, but looks like you did anyway?

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Small case tucks in nicely, 145 amp
1578882117240.png

The big alt has DR44 on the case if its a factory unit. 160 amp
1578882257453.png

PS, I looked at rock auto and the amp ratings arent constant in relation to case size. Aftermarket messes stuff up a bit. Amp rating may get you the right one but dont let it be your end all decision maker, look for the DR44.

Reactions: 1 users

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
Small case tucks in nicely, 145 amp
View attachment 133357

The big alt has DR44 on the case if its a factory unit. 160 amp
View attachment 133359

PS, I looked at rock auto and the amp ratings arent constant in relation to case size. Aftermarket messes stuff up a bit. Amp rating may get you the right one but dont let it be your end all decision maker, look for the DR44.
Yup, mines got the DR44 on it. Thank you! I’ll just pick up the smaller case one, was thinking I’d have to relocate it...ugh.

Kemper1976

Greasemonkey
Jul 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
Great pics, they will help a lot thanks. Most Gbody guys I see go pass side, what made you go drivers side? I thought drivers side might be nice to not have to move the battery, but looks like you did anyway?
[/

For my application (due to keeping A/C) it just worked better for me.
Had I not ran A/C, I definitely would’ve put the turbo on the passenger side.

Initially, I put the turbo on the drivers side because I had more room and wanted to keep the battery In the stock location to avoid the battery relocation, cutoff switch etc... 90% street car 10% race.

After trying different things I just wasn’t able to keep the battery on the passenger side because my cold side piping and BOV needed to pass right through the battery location and the A/C compressor and brackets took up some valuable room.

Trust me, I had plenty if moments when I contemplated removing the HVAC box and not worrying about heat and a/c. Glad I kept everything because now I have a car I can use year round and be comfortable.

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
It looks great, like a factory setup. I was thinking of using the dirty dingo low mount ac kit with the mini compressor, wonder if I’d have room for the battery with that and drivers side turbo. I’m with you, I don’t want to move the battery and have to put a shut off switch. Had to do that on my ‘67 Fairlane and I regretted it.

Kemper1976

Greasemonkey
Jul 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
It looks great, like a factory setup. I was thinking of using the dirty dingo low mount ac kit with the mini compressor, wonder if I’d have room for the battery with that and drivers side turbo. I’m with you, I don’t want to move the battery and have to put a shut off switch. Had to do that on my ‘67 Fairlane and I regretted it.
Thank you. I appreciate the compliment.

Below a link to a page with a couple cars that use the low mount compressor setup. If you look close the white regal About halfway down the page has the battery still in the stock location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor