Apprentice
Oct 11, 2014
AB6941FC-E483-4C1E-A099-0ED298938A24.png

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Jimmy girl

Apprentice
Oct 11, 2014
This is the current set up . Whipple 2.9 with a c6 alt/ ps bracket using Holley 1.5 in spacers . Dirty dingo low mount Ac . I had the Holley bracket first , but kept ripping off idler pulley . C6 is a lot stronger , but you have to use the corvette alt . Still fits under stock hood

Reactions: 2 users

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
I have the Holley motor mounts. They hit the power steering pump and the bolt holes aren't even close. This pic shows the passenger side mounted backwards. Anyone else have this issue with a 6.0? IMG_20200411_220524.jpg

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I have the Holley motor mounts. They hit the power steering pump and the bolt holes aren't even close. This pic shows the passenger side mounted backwards. Anyone else have this issue with a 6.0? View attachment 142190

You need to use the forward mounts on the frame. Holley mounts fit perfect if installed correctly.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
You need to use the forward mounts on the frame. Holley mounts fit perfect if installed correctly.
The instructions are clear. The motor frame mounts are correct. The motor mounts aren't clearing my AC compressor. This is what it looks like in the correct orientation. The bolts are in the top motor mount holes. IMG_20200413_094530.jpg IMG_20200413_094302.jpg

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
The instructions are clear. The motor frame mounts are correct. The motor mounts aren't clearing my AC compressor. This is what it looks like in the correct orientation. The bolts are in the top motor mount holes. View attachment 142201 View attachment 142202

You are correct. The Holley kit does not work with all low mount AC compressors / brackets. This is from the Holley instructions. Are you notching your frame?

The stock truck A/C compressor can be installed with these mounting brackets by notching the vehicle frame crossmember and the aluminum compressor mounting bracket that is attached to the engine; the 4th -gen Fbody/GTO A/C compressors are not compatible for installation with these engine mounting brackets. Use of Holley 20-140(R4) or 20-134 (Sanden) compressor brackets are recommended for providing simplified topmount A/C compressor installations in this LS swap application.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
If you are stuck on using a stock truck compressor, the BMR/UMI (I can't remember off hand) frame mounts and 4th gen F body block mounts clear without notching the frame.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
The motor mounts aren't clearing my AC compressor.
they're not supposed to.
from holley,

The stock truck A/C compressor can be installed with these mounting brackets by notching the vehicle frame crossmember and the aluminum compressor mounting bracket that is attached to the engine; the 4th-gen F- body/GTO A/C compressors are not compatible for installation with these engine mounting brackets. Use of Holley 20-140(R4) or 20-134 (Sanden) compressor brackets are recommended for providing simplified top- mount A/C compressor installations in this LS swap application.

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
The instructions are clear. The motor frame mounts are correct. The motor mounts aren't clearing my AC compressor. This is what it looks like in the correct orientation. The bolts are in the top motor mount holes. View attachment 142201 View attachment 142202

FastCraig, take a close look at the illustration on your instructions, looks like you might have the same problem I had. The radius around the bolt holes need to match the picture exactly or you have the C10 mounts. I had this issue and thought I was crazy but they claimed that they have had misboxing issues in the past and that’s what happened. They sent me out the correct ones.
If you look at the attached picture you can see these are the wrong mounts.

Now, they still won’t clear the stock truck compressor unfortunately, even if you notch the frame, it just won’t clear the compressor bracket.
Also, Anubis, you’re incorrect when you say that the mounts work if you put them in the Holley location. I think a lot depends on the build variables, but in the Holley recommended location it won’t clear the heat/ac box. I moved mine to the forward most holes to get it to clear, then swapped the

Attachments

• 8A334FF6-80F4-4688-B18E-D519212E1795.jpeg
    8A334FF6-80F4-4688-B18E-D519212E1795.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor