LT1 engine mount help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryL27

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 9, 2013
Can I still use the stock brackets on the engine or do I need to get them for 305 also

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Not sure about the driver's side but I'm pretty sure the passenger side won't work. It's upside-down and different shape IIRC.

JerryL27

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 9, 2013
I got some brackets off of 350 vortec block will they work with the gbody mounts?

JerryL27

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 9, 2013
I got the correct frame mounts now I need to get the right mounts to bolt to the block

DutchmanZ

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2013
You should be able to use any small block engine side mount (exc the LT1 pass side). The L31 Vortec brackets are the same as the older style. Keep in mind, you will have to remove the rear AC bracket because it bolts where you need to put the motor mount.

JerryL27

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 9, 2013
Ok I got the the lt1 brackets off and the vortec brackets on is it any certain way I need to bolt the mounts to the frame I see the passenger side bracket is upside down

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor