Malibu wagon with el camino doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
No disrespect intended, but this illustrates some of the perils of a 2 door conversion, at least to my eye.

Too many non-reciprocal angles (windshield, back of door glass, front of quarter glass, rear of quarter glass). Also really don't care for the mismatch in glass height at the B pillar, reminds me of those funky Bronco IIs with the side glass higher than the door glass.

Of course, opinions are like, well you know.

Different people have different tastes, so if you're happy, that's great!

Congrats on the progress that has been made. I stalled at finding a donor coupe, as I plan to build more of a "how GM would have done it" with coupe inner structure and no cage.

Should the day ever come that mine gets back underway, there'll be plenty to pick at, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Wagonman100

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2018
I take no offense, believe me. I invite constructive criticism. You are right about the height of the quarter window. I was not really consulted about that before the shop did it and since that area will be getting more work, that might get changed. As far as the windshield and rear of the door glass angles, I am bound by what GM made as an El Camino window, so those are set in stone. It does look better in person, but does need work. I feel like I have been taking one step forward and two steps back with this project and it has been very slow going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor