March G Body of the month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldsmoletick said:
lol thanks! It's never been much of a babe magnet, well at least not in my age group,
now if I were out for a cougar.... :rofl:
:rofl:

Thanks for posting me up, tc1959!

That's mine, 'The Grey Ghost'. She's an 81 Malibu with an 83 front end. I've had her since 1992 when I got her for $370. I always like the four door Malibus but I also wanted the 4-headlight 'cop car' front end.

I posted a decent amount of details on the current blown 383 and the new blown 421ci/Vortech YSi motor I am building in this thread: http://www.gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22654&start=15

But here's a repost of one of my best pictures of her:

4dr_front_fixed2.jpg

Buried under all the stuff is the basic all-forged 383 with ported Edelbrock E-Tec 200 heads, a small solid roller cam (230/[email protected], 112LSA, .584" net lift), Vortech V-2 T-trim, Holley 950 Pro MPFI with 75lb/hr injectors (hooked to a Hughes-built 4L80E):

383_mpfi_vortech_4l80e.jpg.w180h135.jpg

And her current 632rwhp 383ci small block Chevy that I built:

4dr_air_intake_drivers_side_med.jpg

4dr_air_intake_side_med.jpg

It was very important to me to have everything fit under the stock, flat hood. I also wanted to have nothing dramatic showing from the outside - think traffic stop. So she still has the stock bench seats, column shift and only a couple simple gauges showing. All the electronics (MPFI, TCI trans controller, FJO Racing Wideband O2 controller, NOS window switch) are mounted on the inside of the heater delete panel and behind the glovebox:

From spaghetti:
4dr_main_electronics_wiring1.jpg

To pure stealth:
4dr_hidden_main_electronics_wiring.jpg

In the lower right you can see that the original OEM 'computer' cover is off - that's where I stashed the J&S Safeguard Knock Controller:
4dr_jands_installed_shrunk.jpg

Here's the 12-bolt Moser Pro with Wolfe Racing upper and lower control arms (all heim joints):
4dr_rearendondollyready1.jpg

The exhaust is true dual 3" with a 3" crossover. I covered the entire system (except the tailpipes) in ceramic batting then header wrap to damp down the noise and get rid of the Flowmaster ring:

First the batting:
4dr_exhaust_wrapped1.jpg

Then the wrap:
4dr_exhaust_wrapped2a.jpg

Did the Flowmasters too:
4dr_exhaust_tackedthrumufflers_071604.jpg

Lots more at my site: http://home.mindspring.com/~jim_fisk/id1.html

And my new motor build site: http://home.mindspring.com/~jim_fisk/thegreyghost/

Jim

DeltaT,
I just had a crisis 😳 (TopGear reference)

I love the attention to detail, and cool trick with wrapping up the exhaust... thinking I should try it on mine

I was wondering, Does the wrap cause any rust issues with the pipes? Or would that be a bad idea on a dd car, lol, I have got excessive heat from the exhaust in my car, drives me nuts....
Killer set-up on that car :shock: .

pipes normally rot out from the inside and wrap is used to keep the heat in the pipes to keep the exhaust flowing faster...usually just the header is wrapped cause that wrap is pretty pricey. I've put a heat shield on the under body that covers the foot section on each side of the car and above where the twin cats are located

Didn't know that, lol. Now that I see his system, I may have to make something similar for mine, my exhaust currently ends under my butt I'm sure that doesn't help :lol: , never used to bother me up until the past year or so.

I haven't had any issue with rust under the wrap, but mine is a no-rain car due to the blower air intake. Eventually I'll make a rain box to surround the monster K&N.

Jim

:bump:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor