MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread almost there

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Re: MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread

yeah its not local anywhere around me. I would have to order it then they tack on the hazmat shipping fees. Hence why i have never used it.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Bonnewagon said:
Now you know why most guys refer to them as "Scummit". Hey, nice hole cutting! It looked like you had a map of where the hole should be, and no more than necessary. Well done. What kind of seats are those? They look like early Firebird/Camaro type. I like vinyl a lot more than cloth, and they last longer too.

Just to bring your other post back up, here is a good picture of my seats.
myseats-1.jpg

cant wait to get them back in the car with new carpet, headliner, clean interior panels, oh yeah and that shifter in the floor :twisted:

im kinda liking that i decided to go for the factory styling on this instead of cutting the floor and bolting a boot straight to it. Got a package from ecklers last night (contained my factory style shift boot, chrome trim ring and the plastic floor trim for the shifter hump)

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

Wow those seats look cool! Very nice! Did you check online? When I was looking for my car's SEM color which was discontinued (Regal Blue) I found some place in Michigan that sold me a whole case of it for about $6.50 a can, free shipping. I think they were a body shop supply site, damn I can't remember the name.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

i absolutely love my seats.i had them re covered quite a few years ago and are always one of my favorite things about the car. my own unique taste lol. as far as the sem paint im going to look around some still. but i got back out in the shop today and stripped the metal headliner trim and got it repainted. applied all my coats while they were still tacky and they turned out good. im going to let the two lower rear panels cure for a week or so, i have the time lol, then scuff them back down a little and knock the egg shell off and re spray them and see what happens. if it turns out bad ill figure something out. as of right now 3/4 of them are good so im trying to save that work lol.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Made some more progress today:
Well i started off this afternoon after work installing my jounce bars and GP bar
IMAG0199-1.jpg

Then I moved on to getting a mounting plate setup for my MSD box. So I had decided to put it on the driver side fender well where the charcoal canister used to be. I didn't like how it sat, so I broke out my grinder and some sheet metal and fabbed up a mounting plate to cover the area. All in all i think it turned out rather well. Don't mind the dust and dirt as its not finished at this point lol
IMAG0194-1.jpg

IMAG0195-1.jpg

IMAG0197-1.jpg

IMAG0196-1.jpg

IMAG0198-1.jpg

I really like how it turned out to be honest. Much cleaner than bolting the box right to the fender well over that round indention.

Then I did something mundane and bolted my carb on the motor and set the air cleaner on top lol
IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0201-1.jpg

Then I mocked up my fan shroud to drill holes for the fan mounts
IMAG0193-1.jpg

Then I went home and found a wonderful set of headers waiting on my door. Hedman Husler 65218's. Im so happy that they finally got here. I have been waiting on them for over 3 weeks since they were custom ordered from Hedman with collector flanges.
IMAG0202-1.jpg

IMAG0203-2.jpg

That's about all I did, Just simple stuff but headway none the less. Things are slowly getting there and should be alot happening in the next few weeks. :twisted:

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Came home today and it was like Christmas. My headliner showed up along with my exhaust band clamps, throttle bracket, elec fuel pressure gauge, door bushing repair kit, wiper arms. Also ran to the a place called moody's its a paint supply store and picked up some seam sealer for when i finish up the floor boards.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Today i installed a thermostat, waterneck, all my belts, pilot bearing, flywheel, and clutch. Installed my shifter levers and got them adjusted. Went to replace all the seals and found out someone mangled the input shaft on my muncie so im going to replace it next payday. i also finalized my msd mounting plate and got it all bolted in the car.

IMAG0216-1.jpg

IMAG0217-1.jpg

IMAG0218-1.jpg

IMAG0219-1.jpg

IMAG0220-1.jpg

IMAG0212-2.jpg

IMAG0211-2.jpg

IMAG0213-2.jpg

IMAG0214-1.jpg

IMAG0215-1.jpg

damaged input shaft nut
IMAG0208-2.jpg

IMAG0209-2.jpg

IMAG0210-2.jpg

and when i got home my carpet had arrived from mikesmontesss.com
i ordered an opaline grey headliner and carpet. the carpet and headliner arent the same grey but are close. carpet is lighter. not the happiest but i suppose it will work

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

a little more progress and another speed bump

today i found out i need to drill a hole in block for the starter. pulled my lower door panels and sanded them and got them painted. mounted my fans to my shroud with stainless hardware, got the shroud mounted to my rad. did a mock up and had to modify my top plate slightly. loos good imo. need to find connectors for the fans still. plug looks like this -I

IMAG0223-2.jpg

IMAG0222-1.jpg

i tell ya one thing im stoked to get the floor pans done and get the interior back in, between new carpet, headliner and all the interior panes being painted and matching this thing is gonna pop. Ive never had nice carpet or a headliner at all since i have owned the car (15 years) and the interior panels have always been sun damaged. i must say they look nice now.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston

Looks great! Love that fan system! Where did you find that shroud/top plate? Looks custom made.... Keep up the good work! :banana:

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

bill said:
Looks great! Love that fan system! Where did you find that shroud/top plate? Looks custom made.... Keep up the good work! :banana:

top plate came from: http://www.custommontessparts.com/custo ... al_251-265 had to modify it bu cutting the ends off though to fit over the massive 4 core radiator. the shroud came from:http://www.championradiators.com/ but you have to call and special order it. I love the look as it is super clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor