MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread almost there

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Re: MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread

Just an update, as some may know i had a cracked mounting ear on my muncie that broke off. PLAce3d and order with Paul over at 5 speeds for some goodies to take care of it.

So today I rebuilt my muncie. Last week i started the process but today i redid what i had done just to check myself and finish it up.

It now has an Auto gear supercase as well as an Auto gear iron midplate. Drilled countershaft and midplate and the countershaft now bolts through the midplate. new shift forks and torque lock sliders, new bearings and syncs. It was a fun process and i am proud to have accomplished it. It is also nice to have a stronger transmission then what i started with. So now the whole driveline has been beefed up.

IMAG0270-2.jpg

IMAG0277-2.jpg

IMAG0275-2.jpg

IMAG0274-2.jpg

IMAG0279-2.jpg

IMAG0280-2.jpg

IMAG0281-2.jpg

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Made some huge progress today and boy am i stoked.

IMAG0287-1.jpg

IMAG0288-2.jpg

IMAG0289-2.jpg

IMAG0290-2.jpg

IMAG0291-1.jpg

IMAG0292-1.jpg

IMAG0293-1.jpg

IMAG0295-1.jpg

IMAG0296-2.jpg

Have a few little odds and ends to tighten up, plumb the fuel system, and wire it up. also have to trim the pypes system as the hedman huslers are closer to the oil pan then the hookers were.

Issues to address: my frame never seems to like headers, the hedman husler 1 3/4" tighten all the way up but on the passenger side touch the lower control mount on the frame. should i let this be and let it clearance itself? second is the tall valve covers have about 1/16-1/8" of clearance between the heater box. I am running poly mounts in the factory mounts. Should i just see what happens or do something else?

all in all i am pumped and looking forward to finishing it up. be nice to drive this puppy since it hasnt been since 2006

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana

Man I bet you can't wait to get it started now. :twisted:

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Dude you have no idea lol. I tell yah what though im surprised how smoothly the install went today by myself. slow and easy was the name of the game all was well

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Well today i got a call my new back tires (255/60/r15) came in so took my 15x8 vette rally wheels down and had them mounted and balanced. fit them on the car and they fit great. also put on my new trim rings. Then i plumbed in my fuel system. I should have spent a little extra money and got some 45deg an fittings but i was cheap and went with all straight lol. Looks decent and works for now. Then i mocked up my for solenoid and my fan thermostat. Little things at a time and it will be running before i know it.

IMAG0297-1.jpg

IMAG0298-2.jpg

IMAG0299-1.jpg

IMAG0300-1.jpg

IMAG0301-1.jpg

IMAG0302-1.jpg

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Thanks man, means a lot. My build doesn't get the attention of most. I guess its just not a popular model lol but I love it. Pouring everything I have into this build both monetary and heart. It's been slow going but I'm glad its getting done right lol

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.

mebe007 said:
Thanks man, means a lot. My build doesn't get the attention of most. I guess its just not a popular model lol but I love it. Pouring everything I have into this build both monetary and heart. It's been slow going but I'm glad its getting done right lol

Hey you car is badass, I love the color and quality of work you are putting into it. Was it that color when you got it or did you have it painted that color? Thinking that color would look good on my 83 regal! :lol:

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

again thanks for the compliments, feels good lol. My car was originally dove gray with a red pin stripe. I had it painted that color. Actually going 2 tone this go around with the dove gray up top and a shade darker it so on the bottom. Kind of tying it in with the interior.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

today i put the plugs in the motor, did some wiring and made my plug wires. with that i found out something that really sucks. I told hedman husler when i asked about headers that i had straight plug raised runner heads with a manual clutch linkage and they reccomended to me part # 65218. So thats what i bought. heres the thing that sucks, you have to break the header loose from the motor on the drivers side to be able to change plugs. its really next to impossible to get the plug wire on the 2 of the plugs #1 & #5 unless the flange is loose. Im running the DEI boots on the wires so hopefully they keep stuff from melting. im really unsure on what to do here.

Note: everything on the passenger side is fine with the straight plugs.

pic doesnt show the issue but just a quick photo i snapped before i left the shop
IMAG0304-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor