MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread almost there

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Re: MEBE007's 80 Regal Build Thread

nice job and I like the stance of your car with those tires.... :)

I see on your tall valve covers you have a breather on one side and the pcv valve opening on the other. I had the same and used the pcv opening to put oil in. I found that that even with the baffle supplied the oil was being sucked into the carb by the vacuum, more so on heavy acceleration. I had to put another baffle there to stop the problem which created the problem of putting oil in the engine. The breather is too hard to get to so I opened up another hole for an oil filler cap. You might not have the problem with the oil being sucked into the carb but if you are using oil you might want to check that out

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

thanks bud. i appreciate the compliments and the tip. ill keep an eye out for that issue.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Thanks bud. Really feels good making progress

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

When you do get your car on the road you'll agree there is nothing better than a standard in these cars. I had some older tires on rims I stuck on the back when I first had the standard in my car so I could "try it out" without wasting some good rubber.

85 Supremeliner

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2011
Central VA

Okay!!!! Finally I have finished reading this thread from start to finish. Your build is simply amazing. I have enjoyed seeing your car progress and look forward to my own build which we started last week. It won't be to the level you have gone but I will enjoy it nonetheless. I love the front dressing you put on from cfrperformance. That looks sweet. The fans are something I'm gonna have to steal from you. :mrgreen: Have you figured out how to get around the spark plug issue? I'm researching exhaust systems right now as a matter of fact.

Again great job so far and keep us informed.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

thanks for the compliments. its been a long haul and im still not there yet lol. Been crazy busy at work and hadnt had a chance to touch the car till this weekend. Finally was able to get the floor finished being welded up. just need to seam seal and paint it. also got my ignition wired up.

things left to do:
1) install driveshaft saftey loop
2) install driveshaft
3)fill transmission with gear oil
4)wire fans
5) fill with coolant
6)wire line lock
7)hook up choke
8)wire fuel pressure gauge
9)fire off, set timing, adjust fuel pressure and set carb
10) put interior back in
11) hopefully drive the hell out of it

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana

Looking at that last picture really makes me wish I hadn't just missed out on a set of g-body clutch/brake pedals. :blam:

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Your absolutely correct, its quite attractive :twisted:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

WELL DONE! That looks better than stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor