Mexican Monte Carlo SS Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The Spanish conversation doesn't provide any info beyond it was his dad since new and had the rear end changed so they switched it back to the original configuration.

The Dad is great. He's a Doctor, but he's like a US doctor from the 1960's. The one's in terrible health that chain smoked during your physical exam.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
One other difference I came across years back was the Mexican SS didn't have the rear spoiler.
Have you seen the safety sandals from the middle east? Worked there for 5 yrs you wouldn't believe the things I saw.
I watched a local welder in Tikrit wear those safety sandals while working on our on gate we pulled guard duty. He kept burning his feet & couldn't understand why.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
That I did not know. I remember hearing back in the day how they couldn’t be road legal in the US.

My Son has Dreams of flying to Europe, buying a 25 years old collectible car, driving it around Europe for a couple weeks, shipping it home and selling it to pay for his Vacation.

We are almost to 1997's being legal.

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
One other difference I came across years back was the Mexican SS didn't have the rear spoiler.

I watched a local welder in Tikrit wear those safety sandals while working on our on gate we pulled guard duty. He kept burning his feet & couldn't understand why.
In China welders only have sunglasses and masks made of newspaper.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack,
Is this the car you are referring to?
I believe he had sold the car not too long after bringing it back to Virginia and getting a set of Checkerboard wheels to complete it.
Awesome car!
Yes Bob, I think that was the car. Very nice example. Thanks for locating the thread.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I remember they featured this Mexican shop on Velocity some years back. They worked on everything automotive from customs, kit cars, to stretch limos, etc. . Whatever the customer preferred and were willing to pay for.

Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I remember they featured this Mexican shop on Velocity some years back. They worked on everything automotive from customs, kit cars, to stretch limos, etc. . Whatever the customer preferred and were willing to pay for.
There are currently 173,000 Millionaires (USD) in Mexico (more than in the ENTIRE CONTINENT of Africa), so business is probably pretty good.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
There are currently 173,000 Millionaires (USD) in Mexico (more than in the ENTIRE CONTINENT of Africa), so business is probably pretty good.
They certainly appear to be a busy productive shop. They seem to have a lot of celebrity clientele, sports figures and the like, much like West Coast Customs. Therefore, I'm not surprised at the amount of millionaires in Mexico...and that's not counting drug cartelle members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor