Michigan wagon search

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
That is completely opposite of how any of these conversions are done everyone grafts the front end and possibly doors onto the wagon body.
The amount of fabrication involved in what you are considering would be enormous to say the least and I feel the end result would probably not look or function as you have envisioned it in my opinion.

zeth hale

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2016
clare, Michigan
It'll be slow I'm still in the short block stage of building the motor, going with a 6.0 lq4 motor has gen 4 rods and pistons, 225/²³0 600 lift 113lsa+⁴ gotta file the rings here this week end so I can start to assemble shooting for 700~ at the tire running 4l80 trans

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
For some reason this comes to mind.
upload_2016-8-13_9-55-41.jpeg

zeth hale

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2016
clare, Michigan
That is completely opposite of how any of these conversions are done everyone grafts the front end and possibly doors onto the wagon body.
The amount of fabrication involved in what you are considering would be enormous to say the least and I feel the end result would probably not look or function as you have envisioned it in my opinion.
I have done a bit of sheet metal work in my life. From my prospective this hasn't been done that much but also. To shorten a wagon body that much you are gunna run into just as much headache because there is rake and contour in the roofs of these wagons. And the final outcome can only be determined by how patient you are in the grafting process

zeth hale

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2016
clare, Michigan
I have done a bit of sheet metal work in my life. From my prospective this hasn't been done that much but also. To shorten a wagon body that much you are gunna run into just as much headache because there is rake and contour in the roofs of these wagons. And the final outcome can only be determined by how patient you are in the grafting process
For some reason this comes to mind.
View attachment 53466
I actually like those old muscle car conversions they are kinda quirky

zeth hale

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2016
clare, Michigan
Like these

Attachments

• 1966-ford-mustang-station-wagon-design-study1.jpg
    1966-ford-mustang-station-wagon-design-study1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 181
  • ce185262a2e82af253b407bec801b97a.jpg
    ce185262a2e82af253b407bec801b97a.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 178

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
diggin' the plan! if you ever get the project off the ground, make sure to start a build thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor