Michigan wagon search

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeth hale

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2016
clare, Michigan
Hello everyone I've got kind of a weird idea that I've been wanting to go thru with. Started when I had a Vega wagon eventually deciding I was to big to fit in the car with the safety equipment so after selling the Vega found a killer deal on an 87 regal roller. My plan is to look for someone parting a Malibu, cutlass cruiser, bonneville wagon, century wagon and buy the roof section for the 2 door regal. I've seen a few of a 2 dr Malibu never seen a regal tho.
Haven't found anyone parting out tho and I really don't want to pull a road worthy car off the road to steel the roof as wagons are kinda getting rare anyone have a parts stash or picture inspiration

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Just curious. Why do you want to put part of a station wagon roof on a 2 door Regal? Are you trying to increase the headroom inside the car?

zeth hale

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2016
clare, Michigan
Just always had a thing for wagons searched a long time to find a clean Vega wagon. Only to find out that the car wouldn't fit me, 6'6" 320, after measuring for a cage. So I kept building the motor and trans combo until I found the regal I got. Which I like but they made a lot of regals. I guess I just kinda like weird thing's, doing what nobody does

Attachments

• images (3).jpg
    images (3).jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 234

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
This could be bought if you're up for the trip to get it
HBokxh.jpg

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Help me understand what you are trying to do. Are you trying to make a Regal wagon. Or a Regal with 2ft of sheet metal hanging off the top of the roof?

Attachments

• buick-grand-national-malibu-station-wagon.jpg
    buick-grand-national-malibu-station-wagon.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 584

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm kind of with theoldsone on this one. Could you please clarify what you're trying to do? Are you saying that you don't fit in the Regal, and you want to extend the height of the roof by splicing in part of a roof from a wagon? Is that what you're looking to do?

zeth hale

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2016
clare, Michigan
Regular wagon.
2 door short wheel base wagon(mine won't have slanted b pillars this was a elco conversion) but with a regal body. And it is not a head room issue it'll help with having more head room. But that is not why I'm doing this

Attachments

• AF12_r994_01.jpg
    AF12_r994_01.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,232
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,339

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So are your plans to use your good Regal body and graft the rear section of a wagon on to the rear of your Regal to make a 2 door Regal wagon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor