Mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingRay1502

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2007
AZ
I recently got a 198 cutlass supreme and i need to know how to adjust the passenger side mirror... i know the drivers side is power but what about the passenger?

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I wasn't aware that GM ever put power mirrors on any G body. In most cases, the driver's side mirror was a manual remote control from a small control in the armrest on the driver's door, and the passenger's side mirror is adjusted by moving the mirror glass in the housing to get the adjustment that you want. Some of the G bodies had a passenger's side remote control mirror, which had a control in the dash, usually on the right side of the instrument cluster pod. Hope this helps. BTW, what year is your car? the last digit of the year didn't come through in your first post.

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
Hes got it. And if u don't see the same type of knob on the dash to adjust, then u adjust it manually by pushing on the mirror glass.

StingRay1502

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2007
AZ
Thank you Very much. its an 85 and i guess the mirrors arent power. I tried moving the glass and it was stuck, so ill try some lubricant to get it to move. Thanks For The Help!

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
Previous owner may have glued it in place once he found the optimal location. Mirrors tend to get loose and that seemed to be a somewhat common practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor