"monkey rigged" things you have found onyour car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

'66chevyfanatic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2007
SE Wisconsin
The previous owner of my car decided to pull out the V8 and replace with a 4.3L out of an S10. The motor mounts apparently wouldn't line up with any holes, so he welded them in, and not very well either. Didn't take much to cut them out, as his welds didn't penetrate very deep into the cross member, thankfully.
DSC00029_zpsdb485d34.jpg

He also decided to rewire the car to work with the V6, and used these wonderful wire nuts to splice the wires together.
100_3218.jpg

DSC00037_zps29f54975.jpg

And my favorite rig job that this guy did, that's a 2" x 4" underneath my shifter. :lol: The guy was really not too bright I don't think.
100_3119.jpg

I really hope I don't find anymore of his crappy work. Hopefully that's all he did. I got the motor mounts out, and new ones in. I'm going to fix the wiring this week. I also have 2 factory consoles, 3 factory shifters, and misc. parts that I'm going to make 1 complete and correct console and shifter set up to get rid of the 2" x 4" and the aftermarket shifter.

Tom

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
the iginition wires that run to my starter...

IMAG0072.jpg

Also came with one of these, that I had to drive home with. The welds for the chain were all weak resulting in the chains being lose. To add to that my power steering was gone...

EryksCaprice4.jpg

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Dragonist said:
:shock:

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
The cutlass i just got about a month ago the motor mounts are welded in like that. horrible nasty welds. And its a 350 sbc :blam: so all they did was hit a bolt in there with a hammer and weld the crap out of everything. Would have taken less time to just bolt it down...

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
Dragonist said:

IMAG0072.jpg

Thats cute..... ive actually seen this before. things like that get towed to my shop all the time. it must be the area.....

TODoubleD

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2012
thats like my positive battery cable....

Maverick's_Monte

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2011
Rhode Island
Previous owner flattening the exhaust pipe to an oval shape to get under the crossmember. That was really the only thing I beat him up on when I bought it, the rest of the car is solid.

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Maverick's_Monte said:
Previous owner flattening the exhaust pipe to an oval shape to get under the crossmember. That was really the only thing I beat him up on when I bought it, the rest of the car is solid.

My car has duals...and due to the springs and shocks being gone on the front and rear the driver side piping has been flatten

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor