Monte SS budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
well whats up GBF? Some of you know im a gbody nut and been around for years now but ive never done a build thread here. well its the time to put my new monte out there. i just picked this bad boy up just a little over a week ago or so now. 1st off its a clone but i didn't mind that because i scored the car for the all time low $360. this ride definitely needs work as when i bought it, it had no interior seat period or headliner. The positive it did come with a sbc 350 block and accessories but no top end. Here she goes sitting in the previous owners driveway....She's an 84 SS clone

bbd7d7c5.jpg

ecc4a9d9.jpg

738abddc.jpg

31887b15.jpg

Also for the few that haven't seen my cutty and to the people have, sorry about recycling my old cutty pics but these will have to do for now.

25402000123_large.jpg

25402004015_large.jpg

abd8541f.jpg

ae32b19e.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

DSCN0546.jpg

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
engine, right now the monte has a sbc 350. Since im still workin on my cutlass too and i already did a big motor swap in that car i plan to keep my work load easy this time and just keep the carb 350 setup until it dies on me, then i'll go LS1 in this b*tch if i keep her.
the top of the core support had surface rust and right behind the grill. i couldnt stand it so i hit it with the flat black rust prevention paint real quick but i didnt get a good before shot of it.

1dc541e6.jpg

im a detail kind of guy so most of the time i go hard and clean things up top notch but this is a budget thing so im not going to focus as hard as i normally do.

5f4fe39b.jpg

262ebc10.jpg

1991ebfb.jpg

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
well craigslist hooked me up so i snatched up this edelbrock performer setup ftw. i would rather push a holley carb but this works for now

db4683bb.jpg

d7b38530.jpg

i got a brand new carpet for my cutty so i'll transfer the older carpet into the monte. Also got my passenger side ss mirror but i still need to get a gasket for it. That leather ss dash insert to

73fc788d.jpg

its a budget build but so far so good

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Deezy it look like you going hard in the paint already. I'm kind of jealous of you and KingColbert with both of yall of new projects. I know you gonna do this MC justice, and the finished product will be immaculate, regardless of what you say.

borat_two_thumbs_up_yours.jpg

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Looks like a decent foundation...The floors look pretty solid..Great score!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor