Most Common G-Body Problems

4oldsmobiles64

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 21, 2020
No doubt of anything else that's a problem is the T-tops leaking. Probably in any T-top car not just a G Body. It's tough not getting them to leak.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The Window Turbo offered by Pro Race Engineering fixed my slow window problem.
It's a quick n easy 5 min plug n play install
I did the Window Turbo in my 86' Regal it made a big difference

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I like making my life difficult so I made my own supercharged power windows... :cool:

Reactions: 4 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Electrical problems.

If you don't use contact cleaner on the fusebox at some point, you WILL be in a world of hurt.

Same goes for the gauges, my Pontiac had the traces destroyed and required me to solder directly to the terminals themselves.

Reactions: 1 user

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Am I the only guy that’s had the leaver broke on the multifunction switch on the column for the turn single high beams wiper I think every other car I buy the damn thing snapped off and just spins and if it has cruise control makes installing the new one loads of fun

• Haha

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Am I the only guy that’s had the leaver broke on the multifunction switch on the column for the turn single high beams wiper I think every other car I buy the damn thing snapped off and just spins and if it has cruise control makes installing the new one loads of fun
I haven't had that problem luckily, but I've seen countless amount of videos where people have had that issue sadly!

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Wanting to take a sledge hammer to it, then find everyone at GM who made the decisions and seek revenge.

newmexguy

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2021
Las Cruces NM 88005
Rear “clip” in wheel cylinders. And the non standard flange on the ends of the 7.5 inch rear, with the two tiny M6 bolts. Why on earth did they do that - when a standardized backing plate with bolt in cylinder had been on the shelf - for what ? Fifteen years?? Remember them back in the late eighties/early nineties when living in New England. Already rotten to heck. Spinning and pivoting wheel cylinders. Recall buying at least one set of replacement backing plates from NAPA at that time.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor