motor keeps killin on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
check the connections for the vac hoses on the carb. grab u a can of brake clean and spray on the manifold and around carb while engine is running to help find your vac leak. you will notice a change in idle when the engine sucks up brake clean from the leaking area.

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
i think i got some carb cleaner i can use i didnt think of that....a guy told me dump a mixture of windex and soap on the manifold i didnt see how it would help

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
houndin101 said:
i think i got some carb cleaner i can use i didnt think of that....a guy told me dump a mixture of windex and soap on the manifold i didnt see how it would help
dont know how it would help but im sure u would hear a difference in idle once the engine sucks it in from the leaking area. ive always used brake clean, or carb cleaner either will work.

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
ok cool ima try in the morning and ill let yall know unless it rains

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
no vac leak but unhooked vac line to egr and is runnin fine

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
well with egr capped off the prob is back so im not sure what to do...i was going 60mph let off the gas to slow down and it killed but i could stomp the gas and it would fire back up but the second i left off die again.....idk it was at first jus comin to stops but now its very often jus anytime at random

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
Ok, sounds like a fuel pump going bad, or fouled plugs can do that also...also do you have a lock up transmission? if so the lock up may not be disengaging

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
monte olrac said:
Ok, sounds like a fuel pump going bad, or fouled plugs can do that also...also do you have a lock up transmission? if so the lock up may not be disengaging
but its a new pump and plugs but the trans deal idk

clsmith1424

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 22, 2010
try leaving the vac line open, the motor should idle at a higher rpm if this seem to fix the problem then you may need to adjust your idle on the carb

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor