Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
so i put that fuse in...and now the battery is dead lol ...

the issue tho is while the alternator is charging at 14.1-14.3 the car has not been running long enough to actually charge... (no fans yet) so i go in before and click click so gonna charge the battery again and see otherwise i guess i will be hooking up my multi meter and then pulling some fuses to see if/where there is a draw it was dead the other day before that fuse went in though so it could not be the courtesy fuse causing the problem.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
looks like my alternator is bad internally and that is where the draw is coming from... when the car is running it charges but when u shut it off it is back washing and draining the battery...

i wish there was a huge harness ID thread with a pic of every harness and what it does/ can it be deleted lol

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
im sort of strapped for cash this week...and I promised myself I wouldn't tap into savings for this build so I think I am going to try to wait till next week before I order anything else...

Just got monster tach delivered I need couple other gauges to complete that part of the car

I am trying to just complete the wire cleanup, fix the break of power between fuse box and the light switch for park/tails and then will do the vacuum pump, alternator, etc;

I also have the window motors, door lock actuators, switches, etc; so whenever I get some time I can put those

Reactions: 1 users

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
okay so I took some time to unwrap all of the dash wiring and figure out what the deal was.... like i said the guy had a remote alarm in the car so it was kinda ghetto rigged...

the orange power that goes from the fused 12v to the light switch to power the running lights was loose in the back of the fuse panel, there was also a broken wire that was going from the side of the fuse box to the tails i fixed that as well seems like all running lights and headlights have power now.

Reactions: 2 users

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
Any idea how to test this courtesy area and see what is wrong ? / wiring schmatics for it ?

Also what is that white relay for ?
IMG_6346.JPG

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
So the previous owner had a manual trunk popper setup because he shaved the key hole... so I redid that cable I am going to keep it that way as opposed to using trunk pop solenoid

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
im sick as hell right now so really didnt get anything else done...

should I rewire my own horn relay in or should i order the 3 prong oem relay

kinda getting a little stressed over this stuff now, the interior and wiring and stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor