My 83 Monte Carlo SS carb LS build

Status
Not open for further replies.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
I am so sick ! this sucks the flu is going around my area...been sick since friday... cant work on the car obviously... its killing me

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I am so sick ! this sucks the flu is going around my area...been sick since friday... cant work on the car obviously... its killing me

Being sick really sucks. It's flu season everywhere. On of my co-workers had the flu this week. He missed 3 days of work. I ended up doing his job while he was out. If it's similar to what he had, you should be better tomorrow or Tuesday. Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Hope you feel better soon. You've made great progress on that car. From this perspective, you are moving at light speed.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
Being sick really sucks. It's flu season everywhere. On of my co-workers had the flu this week. He missed 3 days of work. I ended up doing his job while he was out. If it's similar to what he had, you should be better tomorrow or Tuesday. Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.

yeah i am hoping i am ok to go bak to work tomorrow down 1 person all week between the 2 of them for various things so i gotta be there lol

Hope you feel better soon. You've made great progress on that car. From this perspective, you are moving at light speed.

thanks !

I just ordered the fan wiring /temp probe kit, so I am going to hopefully use my extra set of LS fans from my f-body

also my alternator is bad so its disconnected right now.

just ordered the black widow exhaust so were gonna have to figure out what were doing with that.

finish cleaning the wiring up inside..

idk see i feel like im too scattered right now in diff areas of the car... like when i was doing the motor i was just doing the motor.

now a little here a little there and it makes it hard.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
Test fit of the LS1 fans from my f-body today (have an extra set) looks like they will work very well so I am returning the original shroud I ordered and will be pulling the radiator out to make this work see what brackets and such I need to make
16523820_10100208647580842_2115983848_o.jpg

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Get some rest. I hope you feel better soon.

• Agree

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
^ thanks man yeah I actually called out of work today which i never do , on anti-biotics as well.

on the car end I ordered the vacuum pump, so soon the car should have functioning brakes, i ordered the black widow widowmaker muflfers that my boy wants to use , so then the exhaust can get made, i ordered the fan wiring kit ( with the good thermo probe that goes into the head) 185 on/ 165 off i believe

pretty much would like to straighten out the engine end of it, like car runs on its on, cools itself, has brakes, etc; then get the exhaust done, then finish the interior need to change the turn signal stalk, the actual turn signal switch itself.

now its a money thing holding me up cause I dont want to keep pulling money out of my savings to do the work, so i need to get a few checks, order a few parts, get a few checks order a few parts,

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
^ thanks man yeah I actually called out of work today which i never do , on anti-biotics as well.

on the car end I ordered the vacuum pump, so soon the car should have functioning brakes, i ordered the black widow widowmaker muflfers that my boy wants to use , so then the exhaust can get made, i ordered the fan wiring kit ( with the good thermo probe that goes into the head) 185 on/ 165 off i believe

pretty much would like to straighten out the engine end of it, like car runs on its on, cools itself, has brakes, etc; then get the exhaust done, then finish the interior need to change the turn signal stalk, the actual turn signal switch itself.

now its a money thing holding me up cause I dont want to keep pulling money out of my savings to do the work, so i need to get a few checks, order a few parts, get a few checks order a few parts,

Sorry to hear that you're sick. Hang in there man, you're still making a lot more progress than I am. Lol.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
So what about fitting a ratchet shifter into a stock console ? one site makes a shift plate for a b&m hammer shifter? otherwise I assume u trim a factory shift plate to make another shifter work ?

I know absolutely nothing about auto builds all my cars have been sticks since day 1, but i want to convert column shift to console shift for my th350 and im going to put a new manual valve body reverse pattern built th350 in eventually...

what is a good shifter? heard good things on the hurst v matic 3 or what about the b&m ? Im open to suggestions/pics !

thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor