My 83 Monte Carlo SS carb LS build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
2nd snow of the year here... 2 snows too many... tomorrow is gonna be a disaster at work, wet, snow covered cars are miserable
Yeah, i work outside driving a paper shred truck so i definitely hate the snow! I worked in car and truck rental for almost 10 years....we all despised snow! Digging out, cleaning off 100+ cars and box trucks when everything is frozen solid!

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
Yeah, i work outside driving a paper shred truck so i definitely hate the snow! I worked in car and truck rental for almost 10 years....we all despised snow! Digging out, cleaning off 100+ cars and box trucks when everything is frozen solid!

back when i got my truck , for some reason was watching cold start videos of diesels and they were in the midwest and north west and the temps were like -30 and im like why the fk would anyone wanna live here ! lmao

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
I mounted up the LS f-body fans, they will definitely work... of course the trans dipstick is blocking the port on the 243 head that I want to put the fan trigger sensor in so I had to order a flexible trans dipstick...

I am starting to get very frustrated I feel like every forward step I take , I end up taking two step backs, had to drain the radiator to pull it initially to mount the fans up. so now I am not gonna fill the coolant, just so it will leak out again when I pull the plug on the head to put the sensor in, so now I gotta wait

one thing I do want to do /need to get is some sort of power distribution block for the fans (dual wire kit) and another one for the power on the gauges I think for the cluster I am making...

thats another thing I still have the dash out, still need to separated and trim down some wires and then put the dash back in, make the rest of the gauge cluster.

I think I am going to mount the vacuum pump on the driver side where the battery tray would be (opposite side of where it is located on the passenger)

Realistically, the car should be drivable down the road once I put the fan wire kit in and refill the coolant, and put the vacuum pump in.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
Did the 83 monte carlo SS have a power antenna? trying to figure out if this is factory or not... there is an orange/white harnessed wire near it and then there is yellow and something else...

also as far as the radio wires go should i use the factory harness or just run all new wires for it when I do a radio?

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Did the 83 monte carlo SS have a power antenna? trying to figure out if this is factory or not... there is an orange/white harnessed wire near it and then there is yellow and something else...

also as far as the radio wires go should i use the factory harness or just run all new wires for it when I do a radio?

I don't know for sure but if you look up an '83 Monte Carlo on RockAuto, they have an antenna relay listed for it.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
I don't know for sure but if you look up an '83 Monte Carlo on RockAuto, they have an antenna relay listed for it.
yeah i see that , cant find the relay though, wonder if it was aftermarket antenna...would prefer a regular manual fixed one to be honest

just trying to figure out the rest of the dash wiring before i put it back in

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
I think in the next few weeks im just gonna bite the bullet , buy the rest of the stuff i need/want to finish the car, the procar seats, the carpet, the rest of the gauges, the console and the shifter, and just work hard to finish the car.

then all it would need is paint, the stereo and to do the s10 blazer brake/wheel hub conversions.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor