Apprentice
Jan 30, 2015
thats a mean looking bu you got there.

Reactions: 1 user

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Front suspension is on. Still need to get some things for the brakes but enough is on to roll it out of the garage. All of the bushing have been replaced with poly Energy Suspension stuff. New center link, idler arm, inner and outer tie rods, and QA1 tie rod adjusters.There is also a fast ratio steering box that I hope doesn't leak. Also doing the 98+ Blazer brakes. Will get the trick springs and 90/10 shocks once they are off the car.

I also added a new proportioning valve and stainless steel lines.

Done with the new frame for now. Need to get the Malibu in the garage and start tearing it apart.

NEWOLD SCHOOL 12

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 26, 2012
i just followed your build from start to finish and I am truly amazed at your work. I wish I could do my own work but I cant so I am paying out the pocket for parts and labor. I also have a 78 Malibu that I am rebuilding.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Had some personal issues that held me up for a bit, but i"m back at again. Got the car in and started tearing it down.

And the frame is out!

Had some rust issues.

And in the trunk.

The floor is patched up. Im waiting on the trunk until I put the body back on the frame.

New frame is slid back under car.

And i finally rounded up all the parts for the Blazer brake upgrade. Also got some braided brake hoses at a swap meet.

And my latest step was re-making my a/c/heater delete plate. And first project with my new bead roller.

Reactions: 2 users

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Managed to get the firewall and door jams painted. I also changed the color a little bit from when I painted the bumpers. Then mounted the body on the new frame with new poly body mounts.

Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Everything looks great, James. Nice work!

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Thanks Jack!

I'm still making progress bit by bit. I've got the trunk finished up. It's ready for everything to be bolted in place and wires and hoses ran.

I need to do a little wiring under the dash and make a plate to cover the shifter but other than that the interior is back together, The seats are also securely mounted now too. Can't wait to play with the new shifter!

And for a tease, a little mock up shot of the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor