My daily driver project 81 ElCamino

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Got a fiberglass front air dam from ebay that's similar to stock SS. This thing is paper thin and gelcoat must have been applied with air brush cause its thin. Quite a few air bubbles to repair too. Not sure I understand how its supposed to mount because it sure did not come with instructions.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Since my rear window leaked, I removed it for a reseal. My boss told me it would be real easy to tint it out of the truck so I let them tint it. They trimmed about a half inch around the edge for the urethane. When I got home, I prepped the channel and glass with glass primer and urethaned it. I went to set the glass in and it slipped from my fingers down the back of the cab. It scratched and gouged the tint job. So I had to completely clean everything and strip off the tint. I got it re installed today but without tint.

Attachments

• elcamino tint.jpg
    elcamino tint.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 249

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
My stainless bed and tail gate rails are pretty straight with just a few small dings. The tail gate rail being the worst, I started on it first. I hammered the dings out, filed the area flat, and went through countless grades of sand paper. After about 2 hours and some buffing with stainless rouge, I got an original part restored. Still got the long ones to do but only about 5 dings between the two pieces. Before and after.
elcamino before 8.jpg

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
My plans for the 11 day thrash have been killed. My wife wants to get away for the 4th of July weekend. I'm not going to fuss because she works 6 days a week and lets me spend money constantly on my projects. I do have a back up plan though. I think I'll make a pretty hard push on finishing my Salon. I don't think I can do a full outside paint job in two tone in 8 days on the El Camino. If I get the Salon finished, I'll have something to drive so I can tear down the El Camino.

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
my OCD thinks that's a good plan as well :) Cant wait to see that salon finished !

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
lookin foward to seeing the progress as well, on both cars!

and the elky doesn't look that bad, the ones I see around here are usually the complete ends of the spectrum: either look like new, or have spent most of their life in Beirut....

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor