My daily driver project 81 ElCamino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I got the door Z Chromed and it's looking good but then a weird thing happened. The guy that was eyeballing it at the machine shop calls me wanting it. Told him I had it partially disassembled and he said he didn't care. Hell, I think I might cut it loose. I like the Camino but it's at the very bottom of my like list. A friend of mine has a 68 firebird factory 4 speed car with a 455 that's disassembled with title for $2500. The 455 has all new parts to put it together and machine work is done. Damn projects are driving me nuts
Bye bye elco, hello pheonix! That's a much more desirable car when complete anyways....you could more than quadruple you're investment!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I got the door Z Chromed and it's looking good but then a weird thing happened. The guy that was eyeballing it at the machine shop calls me wanting it. Told him I had it partially disassembled and he said he didn't care. Hell, I think I might cut it loose. I like the Camino but it's at the very bottom of my like list. A friend of mine has a 68 firebird factory 4 speed car with a 455 that's disassembled with title for $2500. The 455 has all new parts to put it together and machine work is done. Damn projects are driving me nuts
Squirrel!

• Agree

malibujustin

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2017
I had the door blocked out and put on more filler in spots. I cleaned up the mess and decided to hang the door on the striker and partially install one bolt. I heard the latch click so I let go. The rear of the door fell which caused the whole door to drop. It landed on my toes. Don't know how my left finger got smashed in the mayhem. It shot blood out from under the nail. My big toe felt cold and I thought I may have severed it. Luckily it's still there and I can kinda bend it. Lol. In the aftermath, I received a black fingernail and a big toe nail with major swelling. The door did not make it either. The bottom corner is folded in and it bent it where it landed on my left foot.There are cats in my neighborhood and don't want them spraying my interior. That's the reason for half *ss hanging it. I may be limping tomorrow but I'm going to finish that door. I will be wearing my steel toe boots when I re hang it.
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
A GNX is great for hauling bulk materials like dirt, sod, plywood, lawnmowers.:rofl:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I just called the guy and told him I'm not going to sell it. He said a guy that goes back on his deal he don't much care for. I told him he could kiss my *ss and I hung up
Glad to hear you are keeping it. Hope your foot feels better. Hope you will go ahead and paint it and enjoy it.

• Agree

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
So after having the front clip off. I found something that was making noise but only heard it a few times. The left core support to frame nut had about 3 threads left from falling off. Had to put a shim under it to get my fender to the correct angle. New left side hinge pins and bushings were installed. Had to add weld to the top hinge hole. The oversize bushing would spin. Door and fender fits nice together now. The window seals better because the rear of the door is up. I acquired an 83 or 84 header panel from a friend but it's missing everything. I know of a salvage with a 4 door Malibu front clip that's busted but it has the headlight buckets and pieces. I noticed today I had a terrible squeaking coming from the front. Got to work and had my boss bouncing the front end so I could listen. The upper A arm bushing is torn and a piece is missing. Got a new set and if it don't rain, I'm going to fix that this weekend. I really enjoy my AC with tinted windows. I'd enjoy it better with a fresh paint job on the body

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor