My Dodge Truck Project (Cummins Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Maybe you could post an instructional video on building a fire under the oil pan to preheat before starting. Got any firewood?

Reactions: 1 users

Mighty

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2022
-6 here in Ohio. Left my Duramax unplugged and it cranked slower than normal but didn’t have any issues other than it sounded like hell until the high idle kicked in. Wouldn’t even consider trying to start my 12 valve unless I plug it in for a couple hours lol

Nov 4, 2012
Maybe you could post an instructional video on building a fire under the oil pan to preheat before starting. Got any firewood?
Might try the block heater first but that will be plan B.
-6 here in Ohio. Left my Duramax unplugged and it cranked slower than normal but didn’t have any issues other than it sounded like hell until the high idle kicked in. Wouldn’t even consider trying to start my 12 valve unless I plug it in for a couple hours lol
I don't plan on making a habit of unplugged sub-freezing cold starts, but it rarely gets this cold and I've been curious to know how much I could trust it to start given worst case scenario conditions.

Mighty

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2022
I was just saying that because mine needs new batteries I think. It started cranking slow randomly a few weeks ago.

Nov 4, 2012
Well, I sent the Dodge on to a new home today. It was a little sad to see it go but I did everything I want to do with it and it has mostly been sitting. It's time for a new project. Maybe something to put this in?
IMG_20190717_192235282.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Well, I sent the Dodge on to a new home today. It was a little sad to see it go but I did everything I want to do with it and it has mostly been sitting. It's time for a new project. Maybe something to put this in?
View attachment 215053
I'll save you the time and give you $50 for it....

Thought you really liked the 12 valve though? Just not enough use with having the f150 daily?

Nov 4, 2012
I'll save you the time and give you $50 for it....

Thought you really liked the 12 valve though? Just not enough use with having the f150 daily?

I did like it a lot. It ran like a top and if I ever buy another diesel, a 12 valve will be at the top of the list. But you are correct, with the F150, it just isn't seeing enough use to justify the insurance payment and the space in the driveway. It's just sitting there and I'm itching get that 350 off the stand.

The F150 is a little more comfortable, a lot quieter, and it'll tow anything I need it to.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I did like it a lot. It ran like a top and if I ever buy another diesel, a 12 valve will be at the top of the list. But you are correct, with the F150, it just isn't seeing enough use to justify the insurance payment and the space in the driveway. It's just sitting there and I'm itching get that 350 off the stand.

The F150 is a little more comfortable, a lot quieter, and it'll tow anything I need it to.
Unserstand the feeling, but opposite. I've got to start looking for a buick 350 for one of my regals... has to be over 20 years now it's been in storage with a valve train issue after an overheat. Time to do something about tha

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Unserstand the feeling, but opposite. I've got to start looking for a buick 350 for one of my regals... has to be over 20 years now it's been in storage with a valve train issue after an overheat. Time to do something about tha

LS swap it.

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor