My Ford Truck Project (And Other Projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
They're bolted in like Fort Knox, and, as he mentioned, have weird connectors across different models.
The aftermath of what he did to the Thunderbird he got that stereo out of is a testament to that. It looks like a crime scene.....

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Nov 4, 2012
I'm really not a stereo guy, for the most part one sounds the same as the next to me. I much prefer the appearance of a factory head unit. These premium sound systems were sorta rare for the trucks, which I think is cool, and now I'll be able to play CDs so I'm moving up in the world from cassette tapes.

As long as I can sing along to Hey Mickey, I'm good.

• Haha
Nov 4, 2012
The aftermath of what he did to the Thunderbird he got that stereo out of is a testament to that. It looks like a crime scene.....

I completely and categorically deny these allegations :censored:

• Haha

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I think I may be taking a trip there soon, need to source an engine if not a transmission as well for the blazer build. So bummed I missed out on the $200 engine and transmission deal

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I'm in the same boat sound system wise. I have $200 in a redone factory junkyard eq tape deck plus Amazon pioneer speakers. No bass at all but with a 200w amp and a box my dad built it blows most 1k+ setups I've heard away.

And I will say, even the base model auto reverse tape deck sounds 3x better than the pos in my dad's ion which is my backup car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor