My Ford Truck Project (And Other Projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Depends on what you want out of it. Are you going to run an amp, or use the one in radio? Either way most of them look like something out of Knight Rider.

I'd rather use what is in the radio. Pretty sure this is God's way of telling me to give it up and go buy an FM transmitter. Lmao :ROFLMAO:

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
I'd rather use what is in the radio. Pretty sure this is God's way of telling me to give it up and go buy an FM transmitter. Lmao :ROFLMAO:
This one shouldn’t be too bad. Not too cheap, not too expensive

Any cheaper and you start getting JVCs and Duals.

• Agree

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Atleast the the CD player part works. It could be like my Camaro one that can't read a disk.

So what's worse......... silence or the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over..,.....you get my point!

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Kenwood bought JVC= all the same stuff. You can be loaded up: 50x4, USB, Bluetooth, AM/FM, CD, and EQ for less than $100. My only warning is to pay attention to the illumination. Blue sucks at night, red doesn't match sh*t, and some will do the whole freaking spectrum.

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Kenwood bought JVC= all the same stuff. You can be loaded up: 50x4, USB, Bluetooth, AM/FM, CD, and EQ for less than $100. My only warning is to pay attention to the illumination. Blue sucks at night, red doesn't match sh*t, and some will do the whole freaking spectrum.

Just need AM/FM/CD and bluetooth would be really nice. Everything else in the truck is lighted green, I'd want it to match. They are all just ugly looking.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Joe, another option, which will horrify Bruce, is to buy a factory radio that's been refurbished. They are available with bluetooth added or with an auxiliary input added. I just bought a stock AM/FM/CD/Cassette for the Roadmaster with Bluetooth added to it. You could also just keep your Cassette deck and get a Bluetooth/FM modulator....
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F2RTN5Z/?tag=gbody-20
That's what I started out with in the Roadmaster but I'm upgrading. I'm keeping a stock stereo in the Roadmaster. That's non-negotiable.

• Haha
Nov 4, 2012
Joe, another option, which will horrify Bruce, is to buy a factory radio that's been refurbished. They are available with bluetooth added or with an auxiliary input added. I just bought a stock AM/FM/CD/Cassette for the Roadmaster with Bluetooth added to it. You could also just keep your Cassette deck and get a Bluetooth/FM modulator....
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F2RTN5Z/?tag=gbody-20
That's what I started out with in the Roadmaster but I'm upgrading. I'm keeping a stock stereo in the Roadmaster. That's non-negotiable.

Yeah they are available. Really pricey but it is an option. I really do prefer the appearance of a factory head unit.

The rain stopped so I went back outside and cleaned up the tools and put the tape deck head unit back in for now. It's back together for now. Honestly I might go the FM transmitter for the time being.

FYI I'm blaming this problem on iheartmedia for systematically destroying the radio market in Pittsburgh.

• Agree

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
FYI I'm blaming this problem on iheartmedia for systematically destroying the radio market in Pittsburgh.
They are why I pay more than I should to listen to music in the truck & wife's car. I miss back when DVE had balls, promo's, T-shirt's & DJ's that didn't bend to the corprate way. They even ruined 3WS with playing "newer" classic rock dumping the cool tunes from the begaining to early '70's.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa

DVE wasn’t even that good to begin with then iheart shows up and suddenly there’s more ads than music. The graduation contest ads were the most abrasive thing I’ve heard on any radio station.

But back to the stereo, VDO apparently makes ones that wouldn’t look too out of place in an OBS truck in my opinion:

These are a bit more expensive than those Kenwoods though.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
They are why I pay more than I should to listen to music in the truck & wife's car. I miss back when DVE had balls, promo's, T-shirt's & DJ's that didn't bend to the corprate way. They even ruined 3WS with playing "newer" classic rock dumping the cool tunes from the begaining to early '70's.

DVE hasn't been "good" for a long time, but they have gotten drastically worse in the last few. And what in the royal f*k happened with 3WS? It used to be actual oldies, now it's Prince and Madonna 24/7 :puke:

I might get lambasted for this but I don't mind listening to Mark Madden. He's pretty uncensored and I generally agree with him. If you ever meet him, he's actually pretty cool, he doesn't have the huge ego he portrays on radio.

DVE wasn’t even that good to begin with then iheart shows up and suddenly there’s more ads than music. The graduation contest ads were the most abrasive thing I’ve heard on any radio station

X2. That graduation thing was vomit worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor