My Inheritance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Did you decide what the rear suspension plan is? I know you were looking at making some changes.

Looking at the dyno plots it keeps making power up to 6k so maybe revving a bit higher isn't a terrible idea?

Be interesting to take it to North Iowa Dragways and see what it runs!
I have not decided anything besides the skinny tires are a joke on the street. I need to get it driveable and then I will start making a plan for the rear. From what I have seen it will be a major construction project because of the unibody. I am not scared of that though. I like welding and fabricating. Taking it to Humboldt Dragway would be fun. The problem right now is time. I have two small kids that eat up a lot of my time along with my other hobbies and house repair. You will find out what I am talking about very soon!

Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Yeah, I get it. I'm just surprised it won't scare you now.
It is good for an adrenaline rush, but doesn't scare me. This is not our first fast car. When the wheels come off the ground and all you see is hood, that gets kind of scary.

Reactions: 2 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I have not decided anything besides the skinny tires are a joke on the street. I need to get it driveable and then I will start making a plan for the rear. From what I have seen it will be a major construction project because of the unibody. I am not scared of that though. I like welding and fabricating. Taking it to Humboldt Dragway would be fun. The problem right now is time. I have two small kids that eat up a lot of my time along with my other hobbies and house repair. You will find out what I am talking about very soon!
Lots of novas going into the 9’s on leaf springs and 9” slicks. I wouldn’t be so quick to cut the back of the car up

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Are you going to back-half it?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
It is good for an adrenaline rush, but doesn't scare me. This is not our first fast car. When the wheels come off the ground and all you see is hood, that gets kind of scary.
And when the steering wheel no longer does anything?

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Lots of novas going into the 9’s on leaf springs and 9” slicks. I wouldn’t be so quick to cut the back of the car up
I am aware. That was what my dad was building. I think you have selective reading? You are only picking out what you want to. I am not talking about drag racing here. Try and drive a 9 second car on street tires on the street. I have a set of 9 inch cheater slicks mounted on another set of rims for this car. I also said Merlin race heads several times. So please read what I write.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
You’re right my mistake. You know nothing about the car and I’m a 30 year drag racer and engine builder. Your answers are vague and mean nothing. You have given me crap every time I question your vague meaningless answers and how things aren’t possible that you’ve said. Good luck figuring out your 10,000 rpm 1200 hp car on your own.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
You’re right my mistake. You know nothing about the car and I’m a 30 year drag racer and engine builder. Your answers are vague and mean nothing. You have given me crap every time I question your vague meaningless answers and how things aren’t possible that you’ve said. Good luck figuring out your 10,000 rpm 1200 hp car on your own.
Ok see you later!

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
You’re right my mistake. You know nothing about the car and I’m a 30 year drag racer and engine builder. Your answers are vague and mean nothing. Good luck figuring it all out on your own.
I am aware. That was what my dad was building. I think you have selective reading? You are only picking out what you want to. I am not talking about drag racing here. Try and drive a 9 second car on street tires on the street. I have a set of 9 inch cheater slicks mounted on another set of rims for this car. I also said Merlin race heads several times. So please read what I write.
Merlin race heads means nothing when there’s 4 versions. But you knew that. Maybe you shouldn’t be so quick to insult the people that actually know big block race engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor