My last bug to wig out... speedometer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio
I just picked up a used pedometer from Mike's Monties. I definitely think that my speedometer was defective on this one when I move the needle from zero it returns to zero whereas mine would flow wherever you wanted it to I think the internals were messed up . I also twisted it with my fingers and it increased steadily. Can't wait to take it for a cruise and see tomorrow!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I just picked up a used pedometer from Mike's Monties. I definitely think that my speedometer was defective on this one when I move the needle from zero it returns to zero whereas mine would flow wherever you wanted it to I think the internals were messed up . I also twisted it with my fingers and it increased steadily. Can't wait to take it for a cruise and see tomorrow!

enjoy the cruise.....:)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio
Speedometer works!! Very good feeling now I can put this thing all back together. I did notice that the speedometer is a little jumpy from 0-15mph but after that it's fine. It's not really bad just not as smooth on acceleration as 15mph+ .... is that common for the sweep style speedometers?

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
You might need more lubrication on the speedo cable. I know you said it was new.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jared's right,
Don't be shy with the grease.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor