My nearly new, 0 owner 2017 Dodge Challenger GT

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I backed it up beside the Dakota with the boat on. The Dakota's hitch is 13" off the ground. The Challenger is 8 3/4", I figure a 4" 1 1/4" rise hitch should put it about perfect. I will pick one up tonight and do a test hook up on the Challenger.

Reactions: 1 user

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Should tow decently, it weighs as much as a truck.

Have a buddy that had a 2wd Ram 1500 with the 3.6/8 speed. It did well as long as you were reasonable.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Got the 4" rise hitch, maybe just slightly higher then the Dakota. Should work quite well, long enough to clear the bumper, even at 90 degrees. Getting the Curt 56230 wiring harness has been a PIA. It has been sitting ordered on Amazon for weeks, supposedly they had two in stock when I ordered it.
20200601_173752.jpg
20200601_173827.jpg

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
It uses zero oil, just have to wait to check it. By far, the best car we have ever owned, love the look, ride handling and 35 mpg Imperial and the AWD is great in Winter. You couldn't give me an ugly *ss Camaro. Here it is completed.
View attachment 147894 View attachment 147895 View attachment 147896 View attachment 147897 View attachment 147892
You mean better looks, a useful trunk, a back seat suited to extracurriculars, and AWD are more important to you than a pity purchase supporting lousy modern day gm products?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You mean better looks, a useful trunk, a back seat suited to extracurriculars, and AWD are more important to you than a pity purchase supporting lousy modern day gm products?
If GM actually made something with nice styling and AWD in a similar price point, I would consider it. This car is massively better than the 2010 Challenger SXT it replaced, the 3.5 was ticking, oil burning junk and had electrical issues and my Dakota is a pile. So why did we buy another Challenger? Because GM or Ford makes nothing comparable for all the reasons you mention for 40K Canadian, period. It really is the modern equivalent to the original Challenger and very close to my 70S and 88 Cutlass. Doesn't help GM eliminated two of my favorite brands. If GM made a Buick in similar trim that wasn't horrible looking, I would buy it! A RWD based 2 door sedan with a useable back seat and trunk along with an AWD option that isn't a horrible CUV. Would I like the 5.7, sure and I don't quite buy the new 8 speed won't fit with it BS. Either way the 3.6 Pentastar and 8 speed are efficient and powerful. The 14's in the 1/4 it runs are fine, a Sprintex Supercharger kit is all it needs to run low 12's. GM step up or it's modern day fans can shut up😁

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I'm with you on this as long as you promise not to put running boards on and hang bull balls on the hitch.
There are enough G bodies here with running boards, yikes. I am not one of the huge redneck truck guys, we have enough of them as it is.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
So I finally thought I had a Curt adapter harness. Seems these are special order. Places that claim to have them don't. The last place said they did, didn't and they substituted a Tekonsha harness. I like the higher amperage rating but Curt claims there circuit board is more durable especially in high vibration conditions. The Curt also has longer wires and actually has everything attached along with being Made in the USA. I will assume the Tekonsha is Made in China, can't find that online. Also they give but connectors and yet another piece of wire is extending is necessary and the inline fuse isn't attached. Plus who knows how sensitive the box is to heat, so I don't want to solder but don't like butt connectors. The battery is in trunk, they could have attached the inline fuse! Should be here today, will install this weekend.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor