My New 565 Big Block Chevy

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
When's this bag boy going in? Great work so far! I Love it when I get new parts it makes the car feel new again.
I plan on it being assembled no later than early May and will probably pull the old one a few weeks later
I will be using the Crower lifters, Comp stainless rockers and pushrods from the other engine and I still have to see if I can port my old intake to match the new larger ports otherwise I might have to completely port a new one.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I need to spell check the auto correct lol.
Don't you just hate that, on the other hand bag boy might apply if he is at the end of the Summit Racing counter packing up my Manley components which I just ordered.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Well my parts came for my heads, all Manley stainless severe duty valves, Nextek springs and titanium retainers along with Comp Cams Viton valve seals and I going to try Comps adjustable billet timing chain it looks pretty cool and seems like it should save time while degreeing the cam.
I will have to chamfer the springs and then I will drop them off at Dart to have them coated.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I'm jealous, it's always a great time putting an engine together....:)
Yeah, but it is a crapload of tedious work, looking forward to just being done.
Plus now I am considering notching the front crossmember to put more of a race oil pan in there.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm jealous, it's always a great time putting an engine together....:)
Yeah, but it is a crapload of tedious work, looking forward to just being done.
Plus now I am considering notching the front crossmember to put more of a race oil pan in there.

it is but it is so rewarding when you first fire it up To figure out how much to notch the cross member it would be nice if you had a styrofoam replica of your engine

• Agree

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Just thorough measuring will do while the current set up is in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor