My radiator started leaking today

Status
Not open for further replies.

86cutlassrules

Greasemonkey
Dec 12, 2008
Ive been having problems with my radiator first one of the hose fittings sprung a leak to I soldered it with a pipe torch now it started leaking out of one of the veins so I am guessing its more or less shot. My 80 trans am has been sitting while I am tracking down another 455. Before I take the radiator out of both cars to find out they dont fit, has anyone tried this before?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I fit an 80' Firebird 3 row radiator in my 83' Bonnewagon, tight fit, but not bad. The Firebird shroud is another story. I cracked it forcing it on because I only had the 83' narrow 6 cylinder shroud. Eventually I found a wide V-8 shroud. Rockauto has some nice A/G body radiators pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor